|Dissertation Scholarship Program|
Monday, February 28, 2011 11:00 AM
The research Center for Korean Community, CEP Hall II, #09
The Research Center for Korean Community at Queens College of CUNY Announces the 2011 Dissertation Scholarship Program
The Research Center for Korean Community at Queens College of CUNY encourages submissions for The Global Society of Korea and America Dissertation Scholarships, its annual dissertation scholarship program created to promote doctoral students’ academic research on Korean Americans. In 2011, The Center plans to award three scholarships of $3,000 each. Additionally, scholarship recipients will also be asked to attend the Center’s annual research conference to accept their awards and give presentations of their findings. The Center will cover all conference-related expenses.
Rules & Eligibility: The applicant must be a currently enrolled student in the dissertation stage of an accredited doctoral program in the social sciences at a United States university.
Application Process: All applications are reviewed by a Scholarship Selection Committee consisting of six faculty members. Selection criteria include:
(1) The overall merit of the proposal (theory, research methods and insights)
(2) The importance of the topic (the issue) for the Korean community
(3) The probability of the doctoral student to have a successful career as a scholar of Korean Americans after completing the dissertation.
Submit the following materials in English via email by February 28, 2011:
* A copy of the applicant’s research proposal (5-10 pages single-spaced).
* A personal statement (in 500 words or less) that discusses the applicant’s background and career goals
* Resume or CV.
Please email all application materials as Word or PDF attachments to RCKC.QC@gmail.com. Applicants will be notified by March 31st. via email of the Committee’s decisions, and awardees shall receive scholarship funds soon thereafter. Please visit http://www.qc.cuny.edu/Academics/Centers/RCKC/ for more information on The Center. For all inquiries, please email RCKC.QC@gmail.com.