Transfer Credit Evaluation
All initial evaluations for transfer credits (in any discipline) must be done at the Academic Advising Center (Kiely Hall 217), either at a transfer evaluation workshop or in consultation with an advisor. For general information about transferring credits, please visit http://transfer.qc.cuny.edu.
For specific questions about the transfer of English credits, you may need to visit a transfer credit evaluator in the English department. Evaluators are available during Fall and Spring semesters. Always bring a copy of your transcript from your previous school with you.
Common transfer issues for English courses include:
- ENG 499. If a credit has been evaluated as ENG 499, you must visit a transfer evaluator in the English department before you apply for graduation.
- Requirements within the major taken at another school
- General education courses within English taken at another school
- The transfer of EC1 and EC2 courses
- For questions about the transfer of Writing Intensive courses, please visit Writing at Queens.