Requirements for the Major in Media Studies
A major in media studies consists of not fewer than 36 nor more than 42 credits.
- MEDST 100. Media Technologies from Gutenberg to the Internet
- MEDST 101. Contemporary Media
- MEDST 200. Principles of Sound and Image
- MEDST 300W. Media Criticism
- Three additional courses at the 300 level, at least two of which must be designated as writing intensive (W).
- Five additional elective courses, possibly including three credits of MEDST 392 Internship.
Appropriate prerequisites will always be enforced.
Note: A minimum grade of C is required in order for a course to be counted toward the major.