Accelerated Master's Program
Are you prepared for the kind of career you want?
In this economy, it can be difficult to leverage your Liberal Arts degree to get a good job. Many of the most attractive jobs require advanced education.
Did you know you could continue your education at Queens College? A number of our departments already offer Master’s degree programs in specialized skill areas that prepare graduates for jobs, for example, in teaching, accounting, librarianship, or market research. Now, with our Accelerated Master’s Program (AMP) we make it easier than ever for you to continue your education at Queens College and get an advanced degree leading to the career of your dreams.
Participating MA programs include:
- Accounting and Information Systems click
- Applied Social Research and Analytics (Sociology) click
- English click
- European Languages and Literatures click
- Hispanic Languages and Literatures click
- Library and Information Studies, including the Library Media Specialist program, the certificate program in Archives and the Preservation of Cultural materials, and the certificate program in Children and Young Adult Services click
- Linguistics and Communication Disorders click
- Secondary Education and Youth Services click
AMP offers early admissions and an early start on your graduate education. Apply as a junior and have the peace of mind that comes with early acceptance into graduate school. Take graduate courses as a senior and accelerate completion of your studies.
How does the program work? Students apply and may be accepted to graduate school during their junior year. In their senior year, selected students are assigned a graduate advisor and may immediately begin taking up to 12 credits of graduate coursework. This additional graduate coursework, above the credit requirements for the undergraduate degree, will convert to graduate credits upon completion of all undergraduate degree requirements. For full-time students, this head start on graduate studies will lead to earlier completion of the MA program. In some programs, full-time students may earn their MA degree in as little as one year after BA completion.
Talk to advisors in participating departments about program requirements, costs, and career options. In most cases, you do not have to be a major to be eligible for admission. Financial aid and scholarships are available.
It’s not too soon to get started on your future.
to one of our participating AMP programs. There’s no application fee