Transfer of Credit
Courses offered for transfer credit must be closely related to the goals of the library/information studies program and to individual's career objectives. Such courses must be consistent with an approved program of study for each student. Inappropriate courses will not be accepted.
Determination of specific course eligibility for transfer credit rests with the Graduate Advisor in consultation with the appropriate specialization adviser(s). The following regulations are maximal allowances and are not mandatory:
- Request for transfer of credit must be initiated by a student during the first semester's course work in the library/information studies program. Students must complete a Request for Transfer of Credit form, which may be obtained from the Graduate School of Library and Information Studies.
- Courses to be considered for transfer of credit must have been taken within the four year time limit required for the completion of the degree.
- Courses applied toward any degree already granted, graduate or undergraduate, cannot be considered for transfer purposes. Undergraduates at Queens College who have completed library and information studies courses will be given credit for such courses, providing the total number of credits accumulated for the baccalaureate degree exceeds the requirements for graduation.
- Courses taken at institutions other than Queens College must have prior approval in order to be applied as credit toward the M.L.S. degree.
- Only courses with a grade of B (3.0) or better may be transferred.
- A maximum of 12 credits may be considered for transfer credit for graduate work satisfactorily