General Education at Queens College
|At Queens, the new General Education curriculum will guide students to their major through:
- A Comprehensive First-Year Experience
- A Range of courses called Perspectives on the Liberal Arts and Sciences (taken within the first 60 credits)
- A Culminating Capstone or Synthesis Course
They can expect to learn those academic abilities that cut across their
entire college education, no matter what they are majoring in: using
written and spoken language effectively, doing research, learning new languages, understanding abstract and quantitative reasoning, using
technology, and making connections across the curriculum.
Please see the General Education Requirements page to get a view of the curriculum.
Supporting General Education at Queens College are:
- GEAC: General Education Advisory Committee
- CTL: Center for Teaching and Learning
UCC: Undergraduate Curriculum Committee