Mathematics: INTEGRATED ALGEBRA, GEOMETRY OR ALGEBRA II/TRIGONOMETRY
All courses are FREE and are held at Queens College.
New York City Public High School students who meet the academic admissions requirements are eligible to participate.
Fall (October-January) and Spring (March-June) semesters
Saturday, 9am – 12:30pm
Earned Credit and Certificates
- Participants who achieve a 75%+ attendance and a grade of 75+ earn high school credit for the course from their high school.
- Participants with 70%+ attendance and a grade of 70+ earn an official Queens College Certificate of Participation.
- Participants with 95%+ attendance and a grade of 95+ earn an official Queens College Certificate of Special Achievement.
The College Now Mathematics workshops at Queens College offer students an opportunity to deepen their knowledge of math and increase the ease with which they approach the Regents examinations.
At the end of the course active participants KNOW the math and UNDERSTAND the concepts behind the math. Because they understand, they are now more likely to remember how to solve any given problem and more likely able to figure it out if they don’t remember exactly.
Participants receive some computer-based instruction, engage in hands-on projects leading to exhibitions and competitions (Building Bridges; Building and Flying Kites) and go on field trips in order to experience in real life the mathematical concepts they are studying in the classroom.
- You must be recommended by the College Now liaison at your high school
- You are planning to take a Regents Exam in June 2011 (or January 2011) in Integrated Algebra, Geometry or Algebra II/ Trigonometry
- Your GPA in Math is at least 70
- If you are retaking the Regents exam: Last time you scored at least 60