Committee Letter and Forms
If a student has not met with the Director of the HPAS Office at least once before February 1 during the year planned to file an application, no Committee Letter can be written for the Student.
However, students are still encouraged to meet with the Director for assistance on filing the application.
The HPAS office may be asked to write a committee letter for the health
professional schools listed below.
The Committee Letter is written when a student has complied with the
- Established an office file which documents
meetings and discussions;
- Submit an autobiography as outlined in the form
- Letters from faculty, mentors, employers, and/or
volunteer representative are on file;
- Submit a copy of the completed application for
each institution applying
The Committee Letter includes personal information about the student,
comments from faculty and mentors, and the student’s expressed level of
commitment of interest in the profession in which she/he is applying.
Line for Committee Letter
- Letters in file before May of year applying
- Application completed by June – July of year
- Optometry students usually file application by
- Copy of completed application submitted to HPAS
- 2+ weeks needed to write and mail letter to
institutions once all steps have been followed.
Students should meet with Ms. Cook a minimum of two times before submitting an autobiography. Submitting an autobiography with no previous meeting will delay the writing of your Committee Letter.
Please Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view these forms, which can be downloaded free from Adobe's site.