Appointments are available during the fall and spring semesters for in-depth clarification and discussion on general education and degree requirements, educational planning and course selection, and other topics related to academic and professional development.
Appointments may be made in person or via phone for regular and Skype advising sessions.
Before, During and After the Advising Session
Before the Meeting
• Review student transcript and DegreeWorks degree audit
• Identify unfulfilled academic requirements and prepare a
list of potential courses you are considering
• Create a list of questions and concerns pertinent to
your academic and professional goals
• Bring your folder containing all advising documents from
previous advising sessions
• Turn off and put away your mobile phone and electronic devices prior
to entering an advising session
During the Meeting
• Behave professionally and respectfully
• Listen carefully and take copious notes
• Ask thoughtful questions and freely articulate academic
• Seek recommendations for on‐campus and off‐campus resources
After the Meeting
• Review all advising documents given to you during the advising
• Consult with faculty advisor in academic department regarding
your major and/or minor requirements
• Follow up on advisor’s recommendations and seek on‐campus and off‐campus resources
For the Roles and Responsibilities of Advisors and Students, please read the AAC Undergraduate Academic Advising Syllabus.