How to Claim Your QC Google Apps for Education Account
To access QC's Google Apps for Education, continue using your QC-issued email account, which is where you will receive all correspondences related to your QC Google Apps account.
Faculty and staff can continue to use the Outlook email account - Ex: John.Smith@qc.cuny.edu
Gmail is NOT activated for QC's Google Apps for Education.
- Service includes Calendar, Contacts, Drives, Sites, and more
- Log in to your email with your QC email account (Faculty:@qc.cuny.edu)
- Create appointments in Google Calendar
- Unlimited Google Drive space
- Access your QC email account through the web, desktop app, or a mobile device.
To get started, you have to first claim your account (be sure to read the terms and conditions). To claim your account:
1. Click on either of the following links:
2. Use your Queens College username(ex: JSmith) as a username, QC password for the password.
3. After claiming your account, the following page will explain the additional services. Click on “I accept” to proceed to your account.
If you previously created a Google account associated with your QC email, you will be be presented with these options when you sign in:
- Change to an account with a Gmail address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Change to an account with a different email address (email@example.com)
- Sign in with a temporary username provided by Google (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you choose the last option, your personal account is automatically renamed to the temporary name that Google provides.
You will continue to have access to data in your personal account.
Once your account is activated, you can log in at this page to access all of the Queens College Google Apps for Education: https://google.com/a/qc.cuny.edu/
For additional information and assistance contact the Center for Teaching & Learning.