Interview Tips and Resources
(* Log-in to eRecruiting to access InterviewStream) Practice and refine your interviewing skills.
Video: Company Visits
Video: Dining Etiquette
Interview Tips, NACE's Planning Job Choices
- Learn about the employer’s business and the requirement of the job. Understand the possible career paths. Prepare questions based on your research.
- Rehearse to talk about the specifics of your resume and be prepared to discuss your experience and accomplishments, and how you can contribute to the organization and your interest in the position you are being interviewed for.
- Have a strategy for the interview. Identify skills and experience valued in the industry or the field. Be prepared to give examples of your accomplishments. Prepare appropriate questions to ask
- Give yourself plenty of time to get to the interview. Arrive ten to fifteen minutes early so that you can have time to organize your ideas and check your appearance.
- From the way you dress to how you interact with people, present yourself as a professional; be friendly and polite to everyone. Greet the interviewer with a firm handshake, a smile and with an eye contact that shows confidence.
- Show genuine interest in the organization. Be a good listener and project a positive demeanor.
- Make a strong case for yourself and give a good summary of your qualifications and your interest in the position. Avoid question about salary, vacation, and other benefits in the first interview. Ask about the next step in the process, and get a business card from the interviewer.
- Send a well composed thank you letter stressing your interest in the position.
Sample Interview Questions