Job Search Materials
- Books, magazines and other resources are available at the Office of Career Development & Internships, Queens College.
- Some books of interest readily available in the Rosenthal Library:
Graduate to a Great Job: Make your College Degree Pay Off in Today's Market
Call Number: HF5382.7 .D414 2013
Working In Your Major: How to Find a Job When You Graduate
Call Number: HF5382.7 .G45 2012
- Professional and trade publications sometimes provide job listings.
- Consult other resources, such as the Business Library of the New York Public Library on Madison Avenue between 34th and 35th Streets.
- Employment services can be a good source of career opportunities. However, if you choose to work with them, make sure you check out their track record carefully. Look for agencies that are paid by employers and therefore don’t charge job seekers any fees.
Directories such as the Chamber of Commerce, Small Business Directory, Dun and Bradstreet, Dun’s Regional Business Directory, Cares Directory - Directory of Health and Social Services in the New York Area, and others are available at the office. They can be very useful in your career decision making and job search. These resources and many others can also be found at the following libraries:
- Mid-Manhattan Library, (212) 340-0835
- Queens Borough Public Library in Jamaica, (718) 990-0746
- Brooklyn Public Library, (718) 780-7722
- Bronx Public Library, (212) 579-4244
Please call the libraries for location and hours.