CUNY Student Health Insurance
CUNY HAS A NEW STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN!
As of September 1, 2013, CUNY will no longer offer the GHI/Emblem Health Group Plan.
Online enrollment for the new CUNY-United Healthcare Insurance plan is open through FEBRUARY 28, 2014. CUNY students registered for 6 or more credits are eligible to enroll. Coverage begins on the first day of the month you enroll.
For information about plan benefits, please see United Healthcare/CUNY 2013-14 Benefit Summary Brochure <pdf>
If you have questions, please call United Healthcare at 800-767-0700. Please note that you can enroll online at www.UHCSR.com/CUNY during open enrollment periods.
Insurance for International Students
The CUNY-United Healthcare insurance plan meets the Department of State Exchange Visitor Program’s mandatory insurance specifications.
For more information, please visit the Insurance for International Students website.
Affordable Care Act
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a new federal law that requires all individuals to
have health insurance by January 1, 2014. For more information, please CLICK HERE
Free or Low-cost Health Insurance
- Affortable Care Act - choose an affortable plan that fits your needs.
- Young Invincibles - helps young adults to understand and navigate the health care law and learn how to get on a plan.
- NYS Health Plan Marketplace - official NYS website for health plan selection.
- NYC Health Insurance Link - choose a plan that fits your needs.
- Medicaid - a program for New Yorkers who can't afford to pay for medical care.
- Family Health Plus - offers comprehensive health insurance to New York adults, ages 19 to 64, who are not eligible for Medicaid.
- Family Health Plus enrollers - telephone number, website, and boroughs/county served by participating plans.
- Citywide health insurance access - private and public health insurance options for individuals and sole proprietors and small business owners.
- NYC Managed Care Consumer Assistance Program - educational resources guide.
- Child Health Plus - offers comprehensive health insurance to New York children younger than 19 who don't have coverage. Find out if you or your family qualify for Medicaid, Family Health Plus, or Child Health Plus using HealthStat's online pre-screening system.
- Healthy NY - helps small businesses, sole proprietors, and the working uninsured with obtaining health insurance.
- A smart decision for college students - cover yourself and your family while you get your degree.
- College student health plans
- Sentry Student Security Plan
- The American College Student Association Insurance Plan
- CDC - national breast and cervical cancer early detection resources for free or low-cost mammograms, Pap smears, and cancer treatment.
International Student Health Insurance