Important Student Health Insurance Update
Please be advised that due to insufficient enrollment, CUNY's student health insurance program with United Healthcare will not be offered in the 2014-15 academic year. Students currently enrolled in the United Healthcare plan can maintain their insurance through August 2014. To avoid a lapse in coverage, please visit the New York State of Health website before August, or speak with a navigator or in-person assistor on your campus. Please note the discontinuation of the student health insurance plan is considered a qualifying event that will allow currently enrolled students to purchase insurance within 60 days of losing coverage.
For questions please email Patti Lamberson at: email@example.com.
Affordable Care Act
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) is a new federal law that requires all individuals to
have health insurance by January 1, 2014. For more information, please CLICK HERE
Free or Low-cost Health Insurance
- Affortable Care Act - choose an affortable plan that fits your needs.
- Young Invincibles - helps young adults to understand and navigate the health care law and learn how to get on a plan.
- NYS Health Plan Marketplace - official NYS website for health plan selection.
- NYC Health Insurance Link - choose a plan that fits your needs.
- Medicaid - a program for New Yorkers who can't afford to pay for medical care.
- Family Health Plus - offers comprehensive health insurance to New York adults, ages 19 to 64, who are not eligible for Medicaid.
- Family Health Plus enrollers - telephone number, website, and boroughs/county served by participating plans.
- Citywide health insurance access - private and public health insurance options for individuals and sole proprietors and small business owners.
- NYC Managed Care Consumer Assistance Program - educational resources guide.
- Child Health Plus - offers comprehensive health insurance to New York children younger than 19 who don't have coverage. Find out if you or your family qualify for Medicaid, Family Health Plus, or Child Health Plus using HealthStat's online pre-screening system.
- Healthy NY - helps small businesses, sole proprietors, and the working uninsured with obtaining health insurance.
- A smart decision for college students - cover yourself and your family while you get your degree.
- College student health plans
- Sentry Student Security Plan
- The American College Student Association Insurance Plan
- CDC - national breast and cervical cancer early detection resources for free or low-cost mammograms, Pap smears, and cancer treatment.
International Student Health Insurance