All CUNY students taking 6 or more credits can purchase coverage through the GHI/CUNY Student Health Insurance Program. GHI applications are available at this website and the Health Service Center at the beginning of the fall/spring semesters. Students can extend their GHI coverage for a maximum of six months after attending Queens College.
Download GHI application and plan brochure
Free or Low-cost Health Insurance
- NYC Health Insurance Link - choose a plan that fits your needs.
- Medicaid - a program for New Yorkers who can't afford to pay for medical care.
- Family Health Plus - offers comprehensive health insurance to New York adults, ages 19 to 64, who are not eligible for Medicaid.
- Family Health Plus enrollers - telephone number, website, and boroughs/county served by participating plans.
- Citywide health insurance access - private and public health insurance options for individuals and sole proprietors and small business owners.
- NYC Managed Care Consumer Assistance Program - educational resources guide.
- Child Health Plus - offers comprehensive health insurance to New York children younger than 19 who don't have coverage.
Find out if you or your family qualify for Medicaid, Family Health Plus, or Child Health Plus using HealthStat's online pre-screening system.
- Healthy NY - helps small businesses, sole proprietors, and the working uninsured with obtaining health insurance.
- A smart decision for college students - cover yourself and your family while you get your degree.
- College student health plans
- Sentry Student Security Plan
- The American College Student Association Insurance Plan
- CDC - national breast and cervical cancer early detection resources for free, or low-cost mammograms, Pap smears, and cancer treatment
International Student Health Insurance