Immunization policy for registration
New York State Public Health Law 2165 mandates that all incoming students born after December 31, 1956, must be immunized against measles, mumps, and rubella. Students need to submit the immunization record form before registering for classes. All students (regardless of age) must complete the meningitis response form.
Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Requirements
In order to register for classes, students born after December 31, 1956, have to provide proof of the following:
- Two measles vaccines given after 1968; on or after your first birthday; and at least 28 days apart.
- One mumps vaccine given on or after your first birthday and dates 1969 or later.
- One rubella vaccine given on or after your first birthday and dates 1969 or later.
- Two MMR vaccines given after 1972; on or after your first birthday; and at least 28 days apart.
- Immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella as documented by blood test (MMR titer). Original lab report MUST be submitted to the Health Services Center.
Acceptable Proof of Immunity
- Childhood immunization card signed and stamped by the medical providers
- Immunization records from your doctor’s office (signed and stamped by doctor or clinic)
- High school or prior college’s immunization records
- Blood test, including original lab report, proving immunity to measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR titer)
- Local health department or online city registry
- Clearly indicate the type of vaccine, dates of vaccine, and name and address of the doctor or clinic
- Be stamped and signed by the doctor or clinic
MMR vaccination is available at the Student Health Center free of charge (for Queens College students only). Contact our office and make an appointment with our nurse.
Public Health Law 2167 requires all colleges to provide information on meningitis and the meningitis vaccine. ALL STUDENTS (regardless of age) must complete a meningitis response form. Vaccines may be available through your primary care provider. The cost is approximately $100.
Please fax, email, mail or bring in the completed forms to:
Health Service Center
6530 Kissena Blvd, Frese Hall 310, Flushing, NY 11367