The I-20 Certificate Of Eligibility
The I-20 is a U.S. immigration document that can only be issued by the U.S. college in which the student has been accepted. It is an identification document, used to identify the student and college in which the student is enrolled.
The I-20 is needed to obtain the F-1 Student Visa, and to legally stay in the U.S., while earning a college degree.
The I-20 can only be mailed to the student, after he/she has been accepted to the College, and after he/she has met financial eligibility requirements.
Steps for Obtaining the Queens College I-20:
- Submit College admissions application.
- Wait to be accepted to the College.
- Complete the Pre I-20 Package and Submit it to ISSO, after being accepted to the College. See Pre-I-20 Packet.
- After ISSO determines that all financial requirements have been met, the I-20 is mailed to the student.
- The I-20 is mailed to the student within 5-7 business days after ISSO approves financial eligibility.