Check Your Application and Award Status
All of the following are very helpful as a start, but unfortunately none of them will tell you the entire story.
Please contact us with any questions about your status - or change of status.
Be sure to safeguard your PINs, and use the option that allows you to change your PINs from time to time.
Use CUNY's EFAP (Electronic Financial Aid Processing System) to check your FAFSA and TAP application status and aid awards at CUNY.
- See CUNY Portal and BASIC eFAP Instructions / Brochure AND More Detailed CUNY eFAP Instructions / Brochure (both prepared by the CUNY Office of Student Financial Assistance).
- Go to http://www.cuny.edu and click the log-in button in the menu on the left side of the screen. If you already have a CUNY portal account, enter your user ID and password. Otherwise, select the option to register for an account. Log in to the CUNY portal and select "CUNY's Online Center for Admissions and Financial Aid" on "My Page." Select "Financial Aid" from the menu on the left. Start exploring with "Application Status."
- EFAP is an easy way to check CUNY's information about your applications, edits and problems. Your tentative awards may be posted here, but this system will not show you the complete evaluation of your eligibility for awards based on your registration or other eligibility criteria.
- INFORMATION FOR 2009-2010 IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE.
Please note: Only current students will be able to access financial aid information at this time through the CUNY Portal.
- If you have trouble with your CUNY Portal registration or log-in, see additional instructions the Provost's Office posted for another portal application here.
Learn how much aid has been applied to your semester's tuition/fees bill at QC.
- Logon to the CUNYfirst portal here.
- If aid you expected to be applied toward your bill does not show here, contact the Financial Aid Office immediately.
Check TAP application status with New York State.
Click here to learn whether HESC in Albany has your application and what they are waiting for. You can also find out and change your college code. Before your information is available here, you must either have completed your entire TAP on the web, or responded to requests from the university to complete your application on paper. This system will not tell you whether you are registered at QC in an eligible way to receive aid awarded by New York State.
Check FAFSA application status with the federal processor.
Is the federal processor waiting for something from you? Are there federal edits you need to respond to? Click here to find out. You use your federal financial aid PIN for this one.
Note: This will not tell you awards, or whether you are registered at QC in an eligible way to receive any federal aid you have been awarded.