The Network Services division of OIT at Queens College is responsible for the design, implementation, and evolution of computer networks and data and voice communication systems.
These high-performing networks are critical utilities and are fundamental to the success of research, teaching, and learning. Services provided include the:
- Operation of campus electronic mail, voice mail and campus file servers
- Design, implementation and maintenance of communications systems for students, faculty, and staff throughout the Queens College community
- Protection of information and network systems from unauthorized access, modification, or destruction
- Maintenance of the college telephone directory, including E911, a service that provides New York City's 911 operators with the location of a caller in an emergency. (Queens College is one of only two CUNY locations that have E911.)
- Fiber, copper and coax cable is installed and maintained by certified staff
- Automated telephone attendant menus are maintained for many departments