Procedures for placing content on iTunes U
Queens College invites the college to share educational content through iTunes U, making it simple to distribute information to students, faculty, and lifelong learners around the world. Help make the Queens College iTunes U site a powerful source of information by adding your educational experiences.
Producing and posting content on iTunes U
If you would like to post something on iTunes U, please follow these steps:
1. If your content is already in one of the iTunes U media formats (see list below), notify Steve Whalen, director of marketing, to have your material reviewed and uploaded to iTunes U.
2. If you need your content recorded, submit the video request form. Please submit your video request form as soon as possible to allow adequate scheduling and planning.
a. The OCT Digital Video/Webcast Productions department will contact you to confirm the recording date and obtain information regarding post-production editing.
b. Your event will be recorded.
c. The video of your event will be edited and prepped for iTunes U.
d. OCT will send you a video proof to review and approve.
e. Your video will be uploaded to iTunes U.
f. A DVD archive of your video will be sent to you.
3. Before videos are uploaded to iTunes U, the event contact person indicated on the request form must provide a signed video and photo release form for every principal person who appears in the video. This is a legal requirement for posting. It is best to obtain the signed releases at the time the event is recorded.
4. For more information on posting content to the Queens College iTunes U site, contact Steve Whalen at 718-997-5054. You may also contact Bob Suter at 718-997-5922 or Adrian Partridge at 718-997-5926.
Types of content welcome on iTunes U
The following are examples of educational content accepted on iTunes U.
· Concerts and recitals
· Exhibit tours
Queens College Content Categories
Content on the Queens College iTunes U site is categorized into the following categories. These categories may help you identify interesting and unique material for posting.
· Centers and Institutes
· Ethnic Studies
· Lectures and Series
· Performing Arts
· Public Affairs and Government
· Queens College Community
· Student Life
Media formats accepted on iTunes U
For those of you who are technically savvy and able to produce your own content, the following media formats are accepted on iTunes U.