By extending learning beyond the 'walls' of the college and fostering career consciousness and career development activities, the Office of Career Development and Internships complements and supports students' educational objectives.
Our mission is to:
- Mediate the relationships between students and the outside institutions, organizations, business/industry and government agencies where they will learn and work.
- Form meaningful linkages with business/industry that can eliminate much of the false dichotomy that exists between education and training.
- Link knowledge and skills to jobs and careers.
- Expose students at every stage of their academic career to the range, extent and variety of opportunities which emanate from a liberal arts and science tradition.
- Enhance diversity and prepare students to succeed in a global marketplace.
- Develop an open system that accepts feedback on how well we are preparing our students.