Each year, Queens College hosts 750 to 800 international students, scholars, and their dependents. The International Students and Scholars Office assists students and faculty in obtaining and maintaining the F-1 International Student and J-1 Exchange Visitor, U.S. Visa-Immigration Status for the purpose of studying, teaching, and/or conducting research at the college/university on a short-term basis.
- Documents, procedures, and advice for obtaining and maintaining F-1/J-1 International Student and Exchange Visitor Visa and Immigration Status.
- U.S. employment advice and authorization.
- Extension of educational stay at the college.
- Travel advice and authorization for entering/re-entering the United States.
- College/city orientation program for new students and scholars, including admissions, course registration, transportation, banking, and U.S. Social Security Card and New York Driver’s License information and procedures.
- Information and advice regarding health services and health insurance in the United States.
- Information and advice on legal, housing, financial, U.S. taxes, cross-cultural, academic, and student affairs issues.
- Special programs and events, including the International Student Mentor Program.
- Support for the QC International Student Organization and the QC Faculty Senate International Student Affairs Committee.