ORSP offers many resources for faculty looking for grant opportunities. The latest addition to our resources is GAL (Grant Announcement Letter), which will be linked up here every month in pdf format. We subscribe to COS/Pivot, a national database of both public and private funding sources; we send notices of new opportunities by email and/or interoffice mail, and we grant faculty access to an external newsletter, The Grant Advisor, which is published monthly.
Queens College is supportive of faculty members who want to apply for grants and advance their research efforts. One program that the college uses to do this is described below. CUNY offers other Internal Funding Programs, which are outlined on a page maintained by the vice chancellor for research. The PSC-CUNY Research Award program also provides research funding to faculty.
There are a number of ways to keep abreast of new grant opportunities apart from our internal newsletter and announcements. We suggest that you utilize Grants.gov and each federal agency’s website for federal grants; The Grant Advisor, a monthly newsletter for both private and federal opportunities; and Pivot (see link below), a free database of funding opportunties.
PIVOT– Pivot combines a comprehensive, editorially maintained database of funding opportunities worth an estimated $44 billion with a unique database of 3 million prepopulated scholar profiles, drawing from Community of Scholars and Community of Science profiles. Faculty are encouraged to claim their profile and use this tool to automatically track available opportunities.
Funding Search and Grant Recommendation Service
● GrantForward covers more than 13,000 sponsor sources to provide a comprehensive database of more than 40,000 funding opportunities that continues to grow with the most up-to-date information.
● GrantForward’s powerful search system helps to lessen the hassle of searching for grants with adaptable search filters and specialized search features.
● GrantForward researcher profiles allow researchers to highlight their research achievements and interests to receive personalized grant recommendations for opportunities that match their needs.
Create Your GrantForward Account and Researcher Profile
● Start moving your research forward and create an account (see this QuickTip demo) to access GrantForward. In order to be able to take advantage of all of the features that GrantForward offers, you will have to create an account using your email address at your institution.
● Visit GrantForward YouTube Channel for all instruction videos.
● Visit GrantForward Support page for the complete list of resources.
To access this newsletter, you must be connected to the web through the Queens College server (QC1).
More to come SOON!