Graduate Program in Speech-Language Pathology
The following requirements are in addition to the general College requirements for the Master of Arts degree. (The most complete information is found in the Graduate Bulletin). All candidates must complete the following:
- Full-time attendance for four consecutive semesters and the summer semester of the year following admission to the program.
- In addition to 48-54 semester hours of course work, candidates must complete at least 12-14 hours a week of supervised practicum each semester.
- A minimum of 400 clock hours of supervised clinical experience in at least three different settings, one of which must be in an elementary or secondary school.
- Completion of SEYS 536 (Foundations of Education) or its equivalent and any additional requirements (e.g., tests, seminars) to obtain entry level certification as Teachers of Students with Speech and Language Disabilities from the New York State Department of Education.
- Maintenance of a 3.0 or better grade-point average