Attention QC Transfer Students
ACE QC is recruiting for Spring 2024!
Accepting inquiries from transfer students with an Associate in Arts (AA) or Associate in Science (AS) degree.
We are recruiting for Spring 2024! Interested in learning more about ACE QC and applying for Spring 2024? Attend an ACE QC Information Session. Note: Attending an info session is a required step to receive an application.
What is ACE QC?
ACE QC is a comprehensive support program designed to build on transfer students’ academic momentum and help students complete their bachelor’s degree on time. Modeled after CUNY’s Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP), ACE QC provides a range of financial, academic, and personal support, including intensive academic advisement, career development, assistance with textbooks and transportation, and more.
Our Goal Is Simple – Be your guide, advocate, and biggest success champion towards earning your bachelor’s degree within two years upon joining us!
Why Join ACE QC?
We are committed to your academic success and making college more meaningful and affordable for you! As an ACE QC student, you will receive:
- A dedicated academic advisor to guide your progress from entry to graduation
- Enhanced career development and academic support services
- Early and priority registration
- A tuition and fee gap scholarship (for students receiving Pell/TAP)
- Free use of MetroCard
- Textbook Assistance
- Opportunity to apply for Winter/Summer Course Scholarships
Am I Eligible?
You may be eligible for ACE QC if you answer YES to all of the following questions:
- Have you been accepted to Queens College?
- Will you have earned an Associate in Arts (AA) or Science (AS) degree by the start of the Spring 2024 semester?
- Have completed no more than 80 credits prior to joining ACE QC?
- Are you a New York State resident and/or eligible for in-state tuition?
- Are you pursuing an ACE QC-supported major (see full list below)?
- Have you completed the FAFSA and the New York State TAP application for Academic Year 2023-24?
- Students not receiving financial aid due to immigration status may join but not receive a tuition gap scholarship
- Students under the New York Dream Act may be eligible to receive state aid, including TAP, Excelsior, and other state-administered scholarships. Visit NY Dream Act for eligibility and to apply
Meet the eligibility criteria and are interested in ACE QC? Attend an ACE QC Information Session!
Note: Transfer students who are enrolled in the Percy Ellis Sutton SEEK Program at QC are not eligible to participate in ACE QC.
Once you join ACE QC :
- Maintain full-time status by enrolling in at least 15 credits each semester
- Enroll in summer or winter courses if 30 credits are not earned by the end of each academic year
- Meet regularly with your ACE QC academic advisor and attend any required program activities
- Participate in career development and co-curricular learning activities each term
- Commit to graduating within two years of joining ACE QC and adhering to course schedules and degree maps outlined by your advisor
- Re-apply for financial aid each year (FAFSA and TAP), and accept any federal and state grant aid awarded (Pell, SEOG, TAP)
ACE QC Eligible Majors
- Africana Studies
- Ancient Greek
- Art History
- Byzantine & Modern Greek Studies
- Drama and Theatre*
- East Asian Studies
- Environmental Sciences (BA)
- Environmental Studies
- Fashion and Design
- Film Studies
- Food Management Studies
- Geology (BA)
- Human Development and Family Science
- Jewish Studies
- Labor Studies
- Latin American Studies
- Media Studies
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Political Science
- Religious Studies
- Urban Studies
- Women & Gender Studies
*Audition and Portfolio Review Required
Note: ACE Students may only pursue one major and must have a viable plan to earn their bachelor’s degree within two years of joining the program. Stay tuned for new majors!
Why Queens College?
Now more than ever, students need an education that prepares them to enter a global society. Queens College, located in one of the most diverse counties in the United States and one the most diverse countries in the world, has been serving students and their families for nearly a century. Queens College provides a rigorous education in the liberal arts and sciences, taught by outstanding scholars from many countries. Our professors have won many Guggenheim fellowships and Fulbright awards, as well as funding from the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health. And thanks to our enviable student-faculty ratio of 16:1, we offer the kind of individualized attention more commonly associated with a small, private college.