Welcome to Macaulay Honors College
The Honors College at Queens College
Honors Hall (Temp 3)
65-30 Kissena Boulevard
Flushing, New York 11367
Macaulay Honors College is the honors college of The City University of New York, inspiring and preparing high achieving students to solve the challenges facing New York City, our nation, and the global community. Queens College is a participating college and annually enrolls a cohort of scholars.
Macaulay students enroll as undergraduates in one of eight CUNY colleges and take additional specialized courses. Macaulay students graduate with a dual degree from Macaulay Honors College and their home campus.
Students in the Macaulay Honors College at Queens College receive:
- Full-tuition scholarships for New York State residents*
- A free state-of-the-art Macintosh laptop computer
- Ability to apply for a grant to pursue global study and other experiential learning experiences
- Special interdisciplinary seminars using NYC as resource and text
- A “cultural passport” providing entrée to the riches of New York City, including concerts, theater, art, science and history museums and galleries
- Intensive mentoring and advisement from faculty and dedicated honors advisors
- First-day registration privileges
In order to be eligible for the Macaulay Scholarship, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and a NYS Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application every year of enrollment.
*Macaulay students must meet CUNY’s New York State residency requirements for in-state tuition in order to receive the tuition scholarship. The scholarship funds 8 semesters of full-time undergraduate study. Tuition scholarship (excludes any University Fees)–The amount of the scholarship is equal to tuition cost LESS any TAP, NYS HESC Scholarship, CUSTA, PELL, NYS TAP waiver, NYC Council Merit Scholarship, and other tuition-only scholarships received, if applicable.