A Model for Latinx (Latino) College Success
What is CREAR Futuros?
CREAR Futuros, which means “To Create Futures” in Spanish, is a peer-mentor based initiative designed to improve Latinx student success at Queens College, CUNY. CREAR (College Readiness, Achievement and Retention) Freshmen/Sophomores will be paired with one of four knowledgeable and highly trained Queens College Junior or Senior Peer-Mentors that will introduce them to campus resources and offer insight on how to make the most out of their Queens College experience.
Read the CREAR Futuros Brochure
What are the benefits of joining?
- Join a National Network of Latinx Leaders
- Receive 1-on-1 Mentorship Support from a Queens College Junior or Senior
- Access to Professional Development Opportunities
- Access to a network of Latinx professionals in the public and private sectors
- Exclusive Hispanic Federation and partner events
- Special workshops
- A fun, cultural environment!
What are my mentee responsibilities?
- 1 year commitment (September through May)
- Engage in communications with your mentor
- Attend monthly in-person/virtual trainings/webinars
- Attend biweekly one-on-one in-person/virtual meeting with your mentor
How do I sign up?
Thank you for your interest in becoming a CREAR Futuros mentee for the 2022-2023 academic school year. Sixty (60) Freshman and Sophomore applicants will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Simply send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9-5
Feel free to follow us on Instagram. We follow back @crearcq.
Irving Uribe, M.F.A.
Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Campus Mentors 2022-2023