Tuition & Fees Cost
SEMESTER TUITION CHARGES
Each time a student registers or makes an adjustment to his/her schedule, the semester tuition and fee bill is calculated and recalculated based on the following charts:
- All Winter session tuition rates are per-credit.
- All Summer session tuition rates are per-credit.
- There are no maximum tuition charges during the Winter or Summer sessions.
- All visiting students are billed at the non-degree tuition rate.
- The estimated yearly (not including Summer) cost of tuition and mandatory fees for an in-state, UG degree student is $7,537.70.
- The estimated yearly (not including Summer) cost of tuition and mandatory fees for an in-state, graduate degree student is $11.611.70.
- Please note that course/program-related fees (Material/Transportation, Academic Excellence, Infrastructure Fee, etc.) and penalty fees (Late Registration, Change of Program, etc.) are separate and not included in the estimated yearly cost.
- The fee for senior citizen auditors (New York State residents age 60 and older) is $65 plus the $15 CUNY Consolidated Services Fee per term. Senior citizens who take courses for undergraduate credit must pay the applicable tuition and fee rates set for undergraduate students. Senior citizen auditors are not permitted to register tuition free for graduate level courses.
- Contact hours (not credits) of remedial, compensatory and developmental courses are considered for determination of tuition. For example, a course with 2 credits and 5 hours may be billed tuition for 5 hours X the respective per-credit tuition rate. Please check with the department in which the course is being offered to determine which courses are charged by contact hours assigned to the course.
- Students who drop/swap or withdraw from a previously swapped class are liable for a percentage charge based on the liabiity schedule. Multiple Class Changes may result in several tuition liability charges. For additional information on these charges, review the FAQ page.
SEMESTER STUDENT FEES
Once registered, students are responsible for mandatory student fees including the Activity Fee, Consolidated Service Fee, Senate Fee and Technology Fee. These fees are calculated based on the following charts:
Fall & Winter/Spring Semester Fees
– Students registered in the Winter session will be responsible for mandatory student fees.
– Students registered in both the Spring semester and Winter session will be charged only one set of student fees based on the total combined number of credits in which they are enrolled.
– For a detailed breakdown of the Undergraduate Student Activity Fees, click here.
– For a detailed breakdown of Graduate Student Activity Fees, click here.
Summer Session Fees
– If students register for both SS I and SS II, only one Technology Fee is charged.
– For a detailed breakdown of Summer Student Activity Fees, click here.
COURSE/PROGRAM-RELATED STUDENT FEES
Students may be responsible for fees associated with their course registration or program of study. Course/program-related student fees may include a Material/Transportation Fee, Academic Excellence Fee, Private Music Lessons, Infrastructure Fee, or Excess Contact Hours.
A list of courses with Material/Transportation fee charges can be viewed here.
Academic Excellence Fee
The City University of New York Board of Trustees approved the implementation of an Academic Excellence Fee effective Fall 2023. This fee supports the costs to enhance the instructional and program quality offered to students enrolled in certain program plans. For a listing of the program plans and their associated fees, click here.
Private Music Lessons
A list of courses with Private Music Lesson charges can be viewed here.
Excess Contact Hours (Graduate Students)
Graduate students taking classes that have more contact hours than credit hours pay an excess contact hour charge.
Students enrolled in the Online Degree Program are charged a $75 Infrastructure Fee each term/session.
Change of Program: $18
*Incurred when a student adds/drops/swaps on or after the first official day of the semester.
Lab & Locker Breakage: $25 or cost
*Incurred when a student breaks or damages lab equipment.
Late Registration: $25
*Incurred when a student registers for the first time in a semester on or after the first official day of that semester — not the student’s first day of classes.
*Incurred when a student fails to settle a bill by its due date.
Payment Reprocessing: $20
*Incurred when a student’s payment is returned unpaid by the bank. In addition to charging the reprocessing fee, the college and CUNY will no longer accept payment in the form of a check or an eCheck.
Application Fee: $65, entering undergraduates
$70, transfer students
$75, graduate students
Duplicate Bills, Immunization Records, etc.: $5
Duplicate Diploma: $30
Duplicate ID Card: $10
Maintenance of matriculation: $225, NYS resident
Maintenance of matriculation: $370, non-resident
Re-Admission Fee: $20
Transcripts: Online ordering – $9/per transcript, non-CUNY schools and student transcripts