Welcome to The International Students and Scholars Office
COVID-19 – OFFICE SCHEDULE
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 virus, there are currently no regular in-person office hours. For all matters, including requests to meet with an advisor, you click on the right to schedule an appointment, use our ISS Virtual Office Assistant, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pre-I-20 Package for Undergraduate Students – Complete and submit forms after being accepted to Queens College. For New Students Only
- Pre-I-20 Package for Graduate Students – Complete and submit forms after being accepted to Queens College. For New Students Only
- Request Extension I-20 SEVIS
- SEVIS I-20 Release Form – To transfer SEVIS I-20 from current institution to Queens College.
- Affidavit Of Support – The affidavit of Support Form needs to be printed and signed by the sponsor. Please email us (email@example.com) a scanned version and mail our office the original
- Department Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Authorization – Advisor Recommendation Form for CPT
- Letter Request Form – For full time attendance, tuition cost, U.S. visitor and graduation invitation letters
- Request for approval to take a reduced course load for students in F-1 status
- Sending/Receiving your documents by Express Mail
- OPT Reporting
FAQ from our International Students
- Assistance with naturalization and other immigration-related cases.
- Documents, procedures, and advice for obtaining and maintaining U.S., F-1 and J-1 International Student and Exchange Visitor Visa and Immigration Status.
- U.S. employment advice and authorization.
- Extension of educational stay at the college.
- Travel advice and authorization for entering/re-entering the United States.
- College/city orientation program for new students and scholars, including information on transportation, banking, U.S. Social Security Card, and New York State Driver’s License, and advice regarding health services and health insurance in the United States.
- Information, and advice on legal, housing, financial, U.S. tax, cross-cultural and student affairs issues.
- Special programs and events, including participation in the International Student Community Organization and the International Student Affairs Committee.