Welcome to The International Students and Scholars Department
Each year, Queens College hosts 600 to 650 international students, scholars, and their dependents. The International Students and Scholars Office assists students and faculty in obtaining and maintaining the F-1 International Student and J-1 Exchange Visitor, U.S. Visa-Immigration Status for the purpose of studying, teaching, and/or conducting research at the college/university on a short-term basis.
COVID-19 – OFFICE SCHEDULE
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 virus, there are currently no regular in-person office hours. For all matters, including requests to meet with an advisor, please click on the right to schedule an appointment or send an email to email@example.com.
The International Students Community Club builds bridges between communities and cultivates a sense of harmony and solidarity among the many cultures on campus. The ISC was established with the purpose of bringing together international students from different walks of life and creating a home-away-from-home for them. By celebrating the uniqueness of each culture while emphasizing our shared values, our club helps students to adapt to life in the United States.
- Pre-I-20 Package for Undergraduate Students – Complete and submit forms after being accepted to Queens College. For New Students Only
- Pre-I-20 Package for Graduate Students – Complete and submit forms after being accepted to Queens College. For New Students Only
- Request Extension I-20 SEVIS
- SEVIS I-20 Release Form – To transfer SEVIS I-20 from current institution to Queens College.
- Affidavit Of Support – The affidavit of Support Form needs to be printed and signed by the sponsor. Please email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) a scanned version and mail our office the original
- Department Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Authorization – Advisor Recommendation Form for CPT
- Letter Request Form – For full time attendance, tuition cost, U.S. visitor and graduation invitation letters
- Request for approval to take a reduced course load for students in F-1 status
- J-1 Information and Application Packet
- Sending/Receiving your documents by Express Mail
- OPT Reporting
FAQ from our International Students
- Assistance with naturalization and other immigration-related cases.
- Documents, procedures, and advice for obtaining and maintaining U.S., F-1 and J-1 International Student and Exchange Visitor Visa and Immigration Status.
- U.S. employment advice and authorization.
- Extension of educational stay at the college.
- Travel advice and authorization for entering/re-entering the United States.
- College/city orientation program for new students and scholars, including information on transportation, banking, U.S. Social Security Card, and New York State Driver’s License, and advice regarding health services and health insurance in the United States.
- Information, and advice on legal, housing, financial, U.S. tax, cross-cultural and student affairs issues.
- Special programs and events, including participation in the International Student Community Organization and the International Student Affairs Committee.