Welcome to the Risk Management Program
Graduate Program in Risk Management
Leverage your interest in finance with a Master’s degree or a 12-credit Advanced Certificate in Risk Management, a field with rapidly growing career possibilities on Wall Street and across every sector.
- Study in a top program that’s affordable—and in close proximity to the world’s capital markets.
- Our graduates go on to careers in major financial institutions, accounting firms, or insurance firms. Graduates also take on roles such as consulting, assurance, audit and actuarial services, in other industries or government agencies.
Risk management is not just about insurance and derivatives—it’s a field that is increasingly vital for any business that hopes to control exposure and make strategic decisions about what risks to assume. At Queens College, our job placement rate is exemplary, with virtually all our graduates working in risk management or related fields.
Students can now choose from a variety of concentrations:
The Risk Management office
is in Powdermaker Hall 331
Cara Marshall, PhD
See office hours and make appointment:
Esther Van Sertima
Powdermaker Hall 335
- Our faculty are practitioners and thought leaders.
- Evening classes so that you can complete your Master’s degree without putting your career on hold.
- Many Classes are Hybrid — fewer in-person meetings, with some of the work done online.
- Take advantage of networking opportunities, enrichment programs and a dedicated career counselor.
- Gain exposure to leading-edge software and tools, like: Bloomberg, Moody’s iESG, VBA, R, and Python programming.
If you are a current undergraduate student at Queens College who would like to take graduate courses to earn an Advanced Certificate in Risk Management while earning your Bachelors degree, see: http://accelerate.qc.cuny.edu
To learn more about this program, download our brochure, or contact us.