GSLIS alumni are able to maintain valuable relationships with GSLIS faculty, current students and each other via the following services and resources.
GLISAL (Alumni Listserv)
GSLIS Alumni are welcome to subscribe to the official alumni listserv (glisal) where they can collaborate, network and exchange information with each other. Alumni students can subscribe to glisal at the following URL http://lists.qc.cuny.edu/mailman/listinfo/glisal
GSLISJOBLIST (Job List Listserv)
GSLIS Alumni are welcome to subscribe to the official GSLIS job list listserv (gslisjoblist) where LIS jobs and career opportunities are regularly posted. Alumni students can subscribe to gslisjoblist at the following URL: http://lists.qc.cuny.edu/mailman/listinfo/gslisjoblist
GSLIS Alumni can continue their lifelong learning and can help support current and future GSLIS students in the process by engaging in the following activities:
- Guest Lectures & Presentations – GSLIS alumni are welcome to explore the possibilities of giving a presentation or serving as a guest lecturer in a specific LIS area of expertise.
- Professional Development Workshops – GSLIS alumni are welcome to explore the possibilities of conducting professional development workshop(s) in a specific LIS area of expertise.
- Recruitment – GSLIS alumni are poised to be the best recruiting tool available for the discipline and the profession. As such GSLIS alumni are encouraged to share their experiences with co-workers, friends and family and to put prospective students in contact with the GSLIS graduate advisor for admissions.
- Mentoring – GSLIS alumni are encouraged to assist current students by providing insights into competencies required in various professional areas, assessing current skill sets and suggesting possible projects and activities for enhancement, and establishing the beginnings of a professional network.
- Practicum, Internship & Placement – GSLIS alumni are encouraged to facilitate practicums and internships as a means for current students to gain relevant professional work experience prior to graduating and entering the workforce. Likewise as alumni in the workforce seek new staff for their organizations GSLIS remains a prime source for potential candidates. Our Internship Course Coordinator can facilitate arranging an internship and can also assist in posting job openings and career opportunities.