There are three components to the SPIRITAS Program:
1) Coursework (Spread over 2 years):
- The teaching of Science
- Curriculum & Assessment in teaching science
- Language, Literacy & Culture/Diverse Learners
- Educational Psychology
- Research in Science Education
- Educational Foundations
- Science courses in the field of interest
2) Clinical Experience (1st Year):
- A clinical experience at the New York Hall of Science.
- Work in schools in the Fall and Spring sessions as an intern.
3) Teaching (2nd Year):
- Candidates will be assigned to a school for the whole year. They will teach their own classes and observe mentor teachers.
*Program is subject to change.