French Language and Culture in Paris
Four-week, four-credit intensive programs in French are offered by the French Language and Culture Institute at the Institut Catholique de Paris (located on the Left Bank, near the Latin Quarter). Beginning, intermediate, and advanced level courses are available. Students will take a French placement test prior to departure and will study French grammar and conversation in the mornings. On afternoons and weekends, they will be free to practice conversation in French or explore Paris and the Ile de France.
Location: Paris, France
NY departure and return dates: June 30 - July 31
Arrive in Paris morning of July 1st
Course: 4 credits
Faculty: Institut Catholique de Paris
Housing: The Cite Internationale Universitaire de Paris
Cost (includes all expenses below): $3145
CUNY tuition (for in-state, matriculated undergraduates): $1040
QC program fee: $400
Travel insurance: $45
Consolidated fee (includes housing, activities, MICEFA fee, and one month Paris public
transportation pass): $1660
Not included in the cost:
Airfare: $1000- $1300 (estimate)
Minimum budget for meals and personal expenses of $20 to $25 per day.
Application Deadline: April 2, 2015
For more information and to download the application, please visit the
Benjamin Franklin Travel Grant Website!
FRANKLIN TRAVEL GRANT
• Provides successful candidates with a stipend of $900 per selected applicant.
• Gives selected candidates the possibility to travel to France according to
their academic and professional projects (studies, internship, specific visits…)
• Offers selected students the opportunity to access the network of Benjamin
• Sophomore, Junior & Senior students who have reached their
18th birthday before departure.
• Enrolled in a double major program combining a major/certificate in French
and a major in another discipline.
• Mobility period: 90 days max or, if for more than 90 days, the student
is responsible for applying for a visa.
APPLICATION PROCESS AND DEADLINES
• The selection will be based on candidate’s academic qualities
• Deadline: March 13, 2015
Scholarships available for Queens College students!
Programs are open to all undergraduate students from all CUNY campuses (unless restricted by level of study, language fluency, or other program criteria). Travel on Fridays and some Saturdays for some programs.
Education Abroad Office
Kiely Hall, Room 183
Queens College, CUNY
65-30 Kissena Blvd.
Flushing, New York 11367-1597
Email: Education Abroad