Sign In
A-Z Index
Home > Student Life > Student Services > International Students and Scholars > J-1 Scholars
J-1 Scholars


J-1 and J-2 Visas

To host a professor, researcher or student for a specific program of study or work at Queens College, QC faculty members need to ask the International Students and Scholars Office for a J-1 Visa application.
A J-1 Visa is needed to legally enter the United States for the purpose of teaching, conducting research or engaging in a special program at the college. J-1s, and J-2 Visas, for dependents, are State Department documents, issued only at the U.S. consulate in the applicant's home country. 
It is mandatory that all J-1 Scholars and J-2 Dependents enroll in a J-1 health insurance program.
In addition, all J-1s and J-2s are required to report to the Queens College International Students and Scholars Office within two to five days of entering the United States.
Director: Patrick O'Connell
Office: Student Union 327
Phone: 718-997-4440
Fax: 718-997-4429
Office Hours: Mon - Fri 9am-5pm


Retrieving Data

Queens College, CUNY| 65-30 Kissena Blvd.| Queens, NY 11367-1597| Phone: (718) 997-5000 Copyright © 2004-
Queens College is CUNY