Who we are and what we do
The primary responsibility of the Office of Public Safety is to maintain an atmosphere in which Queens College faculty, staff, and students can feel free and secure in pursuing their activities on campus. Several members of our staff have been trained in CPR and first aid. Our campus peace officers and contractual security officers carry two-way radios, and there are 20 blue emergency phones on campus. Our public safety officers staff QC’s main gate on Kissena Boulevard 24 hours a day.
Our office is where faculty, staff, and students register their vehicles and obtain the required decals to park in assigned lots. We also arrange one-day parking passes for visitors; these requests must be made 24 hours in advance. Visitors should enter the campus via the main gate to pick up a parking pass.
We are now accepting major credit cards!
For your convenience, we now accept credit card payments in person and online* for violations and decals. *Read more about making a payment for requirements and restrictions.
Student Decal (2017-2018)
You must be a registered student and have cleared all holds prior to applying for parking. Please see the Parking and Traffic Regulations for a full explanation of requirements, costs, and responsibilities. Parking applications will only be accepted online unless otherwise indicated.
Fall/Winter/Spring Daytime Parking
Due to the large size of our student body and the high volume of requests for on-campus parking, spots for daytime students are assigned through a parking lottery. Please review the Student Parking Fee Schedule for annual and semester-based costs.
The 2017-2018 parking application period is now closed. Decals may be assigned if space becomes available; however, these are extremely limited. Visit the Public Safety Office for more information.
The 2018-2019 parking application will be open from May 14 to July 27, 2018.
Evening and Weekend Parking
Parking is available for students with classes on Saturday and Sunday or beginning after 2 pm on weekdays. Please review the Student Parking Fee Schedule for a full description of costs.
Parking for Special Programs
Parking is available for community members in non-matriculated programs (e.g. Tennis Center, Continuing Education, Townsend Harris High School).
There is no cost for parking for Summer Session students; however, you must still submit an application and obtain a parking decal. Please complete the Summer Student Parking Decal Request Form and present it with your supporting documents to the Office of Public Safety. If you have purchased an annual parking decal, parking during the summer term is permitted and you do not have to obtain a separate decal.
Parking for Students with Disabilities
Accommodations for students with disabilities may be made through the Office of Special Services located in Frese Hall 111.
Faculty/Staff Decal (2017-2018)
Please read the instructions below
1. All staff and faculty MUST apply online.
2. Before faculty/staff decals can be purchased, all outstanding parking fines must be paid.
3. Due to limited space, we are not in a position to change any fields.
4. After applying online, you must come to purchase your decal in Jefferson Hall 201.
5. You will be able to change your vehicle information through the online system when you submit your application. Any changes to vehicle information after an application is submitted must be done in person at the Public Safety Office in Jefferson Hall 201, or over the phone at 718-997-4443.
1. Parking is $275 annually for full-time faculty and/or staff, $165 annually for part-time staff, and $165 for adjuncts for Fall and Spring. Hangtags are available for use with two vehicles for an additional $25.
2. Please make sure you bring the following in order to purchase your decal:
o Your car registration
o Your Driver’s License
o Your payment (personal check, money order, cash, credit cards accepted)
3. If you wish to expedite your purchase of a parking decal, bring your payment in the form of a personal check, money order or credit card.
4. If you are paying cash, you must first come to the Public Safety Office in Jefferson Hall 201 with all of the required documents (see #2). We will check your information and direct you to pay at the Bursar's Office (office hours: Monday-Thursday 9:30 am - 4:30 pm; Friday 9:30 am - 1 pm) in Jefferson Hall 200, then return to Jefferson Hall 201 to pick up your parking decal.
REFUNDS: Refund/parking policies are listed in the rules and regulations booklet you will receive after you purchase your parking decal and can also be found online at the following website. http://www.qc.cuny.edu/about/security/Pages/ParkingAndTrafficRegulations.aspx