Who we are and what we do
The primary responsibility of the Office of Public Safety is to maintain an atmosphere in which Queens College faculty, staff, and students can feel free and secure in pursuing their activities on campus. Several members of our staff have been trained in CPR and first aid. Our campus peace officers and contractual security officers carry two-way radios, and there are 20 blue emergency phones on campus. Our public safety officers staff QC’s main gate on Kissena Boulevard 24 hours a day.
Our office is where faculty, staff, and students register their vehicles and obtain the required decals to park in assigned lots. We also arrange one-day parking passes for visitors; these requests must be made 24 hours in advance. Visitors should enter the campus via the main gate to pick up a parking pass.
We are now accepting major credit cards!
For your convenience, we are now accepting credits cards. Plus, you may be able to pay for your parking decal and violation(s) online. See below for more details.
If you are a new student and require parking, please visit the Public Safety office located in Jefferson Hall room 201. Credit cards are now accepted as a form of payment at the window.
Prospective faculty and staff
If you are a faculty or staff member and require parking, please visit the Public Safety office located in jefferson Hall room 201. Credit cards are now accepted as a form of payment at the window.
Former Students or employees
If you are a former student or employee and are required to pay for a violation(s), please visit the Public Safety office located in jefferson Hall room 201. Credit cards are now accepted as a form of payment at the window.
All others (including special programs, for example CPSM and Tennis Center) that require parking
If you are a member of a special program and require parking, please visit the Public Safety office located in jefferson Hall room 201.
Faculty/Staff Decal (2017-2018)
Please read the instructions below
1. All Staff & Faculty MUST apply online.
2. Before purchasing Faculty/Staff decals, all outstanding parking fines must be paid.
3. Due to limited space, we are not in a position to change any fields.
4. After applying online, you must come to purchase your decal in Jefferson Hall 201.
5. You will be able to change your vehicle information through the online system when you submit your application. Any changes to vehicle information after an application is submitted must be done in person at the Public Safety Office in Jefferson Hall 201, or over the phone at 718-997-4443.
1. Parking is $275 annually for full-time Faculty and/or Staff, $165 annually for part-time Staff and $165 for Adjuncts for Fall and Spring. Hangtags are available for use with two vehicles for an additional $25.
2. Please make sure you bring the following in order to purchase your decal:
o Your car registration.
o Your Driver’s License
o Your payment (personal check, money order, cash, Credit Cards are accepted.)
3. If you wish to expedite your purchase of a parking decal, bring your payment in the form of a personal check, money order or Credit Card.
4. If you are paying cash, you must first come to the Public Safety Office in Jefferson Hall 201 with all of the required documents (see # 2). We will check your information and direct you to pay at the Bursar's Office (office hours: Monday-Thursday 9:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M. and Friday 9:30 A.M. - 1:00 P.M..) in Jefferson Hall 200, then return to Jefferson Hall 201 to pick up your parking decal.
REFUNDS: Refund/parking policies are listed in the rules and regulations booklet you will receive after you purchase your parking decal and can also be found online at the following website. http://www.qc.cuny.edu/about/security/Pages/ParkingAndTrafficRegulations.aspx