How to Apply
Admission to the ELI is separate from admission to Queens College. There are three ways to apply:
1. Students who are currently in the United States read the instructions on how to apply to ELI from within the US. (F-1 transfer students, citizens, permanent residents, etc.)
2. Students who are NOT currently in the United States read the instructions for applying for an I-20 Visa.
3. Students who are NOT currently in the United States and are interested in being conditionally admitted to Queens College, click on PATH.
ELI students must pay a registration fee plus the semester's tuition in full at the time of registration. Payment by checks, money orders, or credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, and Discover) strongly preferred.
The City University of New York recognizes the professionalism of our program. Students who have passed the Queens College full-time ELI Final Exam with a certificate do NOT need a TOEFL score in order to apply to CUNY undergraduate and graduate programs that require a minimum TOEFL score of 500. However, we strongly encourage students to take the TOEFL, as well.
The ELI does not require proof of immunization. However, the Health Service Center at Queens College recommends that all students be immunized against measles, mumps, and rubella before coming to the United States. It is a good idea to bring with you proof of any vaccinations you have had in your country.
Estimated expenses for the academic year for full-time study
Note: Expenses are subject to change
Tuition and fees for two semesters
Living expenses for one year
You will be notified within one to two weeks after your application has been received whether you have been accepted. We will EXPRESS MAIL your official I-20 Immigration and Naturalization Certificate of Eligibility and your notice of admission.
You must present our I-20 and financial documentation to the American consular officer when you apply for your student visa. Once you arrive in the United States, you must register at the ELI office in person and pay the semester's tuition in full, plus the nonrefundable registration fee. Please note: We cannot accept tuition through the mail, nor do we accept electronic transfers.
Students who are currently in the United StatesIn order to register, all new students MUST come in person to the ELI office. Returning students may come in person, pay by credit card over the phone, or have someone come to the office to register for them. You must be a secondary school graduate and a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or F-1 transfer student.
1. Citizens must present one of the following: passport, birth certificate, or citizenship papers. You do not need to fill out an application.
2. Permanent residents must present one of the following: green card or the "A" number in passport. You do not need to fill out an application.
3. F-1 transfer students must present all of the following:
• A completed ELI Application
• Your passport
• A valid I-94
• A completed Affidavit of Support Form and supporting financial documentation
• If you are under 18, a translated copy of your high school diploma or university records
• An ELI Transfer Enrollment Form completed by previous school • I-20(s) from former school(s)
• Please attach an application fee of $100. Payment by checks, money orders or credit cards (Mastercard, Visa and Discover) strongly preferred.
4. Change of status: click here
5. All others must present a photo ID. You do not need to fill out an application.
Students applying for an I-20
You must be a secondary school graduate and before coming to the United States to study; you will need an I-20 in order to obtain a student visa (F-1).
To get an I-20, mail the following documents to the ELI Visa Office:
1. A completed ELI Application
2. A completed Affidavit of Support Form and financial support information
3. A copy of your passport
4. If you are under 18 years old, a translated copy of your high school diploma or university records
5. A check or money order for $100 U.S. dollars payable to "Queens College" as payment for the nonrefundable I-20 application fee
For more information, you may contact our International Student Advisor by email: Bengisu.Peker@qc.cuny.edu; phone: 718-997-5718; or fax: 718-997-5723
Please mail all documents to:
ELI International Student Advisement Office
Queens Hall, Room 105
Queens College CUNY
65-30 Kissena Blvd., Flushing, NY 11367-1597
Applying to Queens College or another CUNY school
Many of our students go on to study at Queens College or another college of the City University of New York. Princeton Review’s America’s Best Value Colleges routinely cites Queens for its outstanding academics, generous financial aid packages for residents, and relatively low costs. Queens also ranks in the first tier in the category of “Best Universities-Master’s North” in U.S. News and World Report’s America’s Best Colleges.
For more information and applications for admission to Queens College, contact the Queens College Admissions Office:
Queens College CUNY
65-30 Kissena Boulevard
Queens, NY 11367
For more information on Queens College, visit www.qc.cuny.edu.
For more information on all other CUNY colleges, visit www.cuny.edu.
Hours: (M-F) 9-5 | (Sat-Sun) Closed
Bldg: Queens Hall Room: 105
Phone: (718) 997-5720
Fax: (718) 997-5731