ADVANCED GRADUATE CERTIFICATE PROGRAM IN EARTH SCIENCE
The Advanced Graduate Certificate Program in Earth Science is designed to provide Grade 8–12 teachers with the broad background necessary to teach Regents Earth Science. It is intended primarily for teachers who are already licensed in another science and have therefore completed their required pedagogy courses. The Program covers the Regents Earth Science Core Curriculum in six courses (20 credits), two more than the minimum required for state certification.
Requirements for Matriculation:
Teachers matriculate directly into the Advanced Certificate Program and pay CUNY graduate tuition.
Applicants must submit a copy of their current teaching certification to demonstrate appropriate pedagogy background.
Candidates for the Advanced Certificate must complete the following courses with a grade of B or better:
- Geol 501: Earth Composition and Earth Processes (4 cr.)
- Geol 502: Earth History and the Fossil Record (3 cr.)
- Geol 520: Meteorology (3 cr.)
- Geol 521: Oceanography (3 cr.)
- Geol 522: Applied Geological Reasoning:Geology of New York State (3 cr.)
- Astr 501: Astronomy (4 cr.)
GLOBE CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
For further information, visit the Queens College GLOBE website.