Welcome to the Queens College Post-Baccalaureate Medical Career Preparation Certificate
For individuals who wish to change careers or pursue additional studies to become health professionals, the Queens College Post-Baccalaureate Medical Career Preparation Certificate is the pathway for those with non-health related bachelor’s degrees to enter the medical field.
Individualized advising and tutoring services are coupled with rigorous academics and training to prepare you to take appropriate standardized tests and apply to competitive health professional schools.
Designed to be completed in two years, areas of study include prerequisites for:
For the Medical Career Preparation Certificate, you should meet the following criteria before applying:
- A Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree
- Completed 25 credits or less of required pre-health coursework
- Earned a grade of B or better on all pre-health coursework and a minimum 3.0 undergraduate overall GPA
Completed application and fee
- A short essay (400-500 words) describing why you want to pursue a career in the health professions
- Letters of recommendation (maximum of three)
- An official transcript from the college/university that awarded your BA or BS degree
- An official transcript from all previously attended colleges/universities
Summer 2020: April 30, 2020
Fall 2020: July 15, 2020
Spring 2021: December 15, 2020
For further information on the certificate program, please contact Mika Vesanen at 718-997-3168 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.