Veteran Support Services
Queens College is dedicated to fostering a sense of community and developing channels of communication among veterans, military personnel, and dependent students, and enhancing their experience on campus. The college welcomes and supports these individuals and recognizes the contributions they make as citizens and as students. We are proud of the level of diversity and academic excellence they bring to our school.
VSS has been designed specifically to address the multiple needs of veteran and military students at QC. The VSS team offers collaborative academic and supportive services in each of the offices listed under Related Links. In addition, we provide referrals to local community and government agencies that can offer assistance with housing, medical, and mental health issues.
Returning Veterans Choose Queens College
- G.I. Bill benefit exploration for student veterans and military dependents
- Advice on completing VA forms
- Referrals for veteran services: tutoring, Vet Center, VA hospitals, and veteran service organizations
- Outreach and veterans' educational activities on campus
- Rigorous education in the liberal arts and sciences
- World-renowned faculty
- Affordable tuition; assistance with obtaining and maintaining educational benefits
- Flexibility of day, evening, and weekend courses
- Over 50 major fields of study
- Possible transfer of academic credits earned in the military or through any college-level coursework (based on review by the Admissions Office and applicability to the program of study)
Queens College was designated a 2016 Military Friendly® School by Victoria Media, and recognized as a top college for embracing military students and providing dedicated resources to ensure their success, while CUNY was named the first public university system to earn the 2016 Military Friendly School. In addition, Military Advanced Education & Transition (MAE&T) selected Queens College as a “Top School” in its 2016 MAE&T Guide to Colleges & Universities.
If you are interested in studying at Queens College, we invite to visit our campus, and explore our wide offering of undergraduate and graduate programs. For information on how to apply, please contact our Office of Veteran Support Services.