ORSP has moved to KIELY 306!
To support their research in a remarkable range of fields, Queens College faculty members were awarded over $25 million in grants and contracts in 2014-2015. Recent grants, for example, have funded Hurricane Sandy-related recovery studies, prosodic problems with computing, environmental studies, solar energy dynamics, and demographic studies on a variety of topics.
All grant proposals must be cleared through QC’s Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP). Our staff members review the proposals, prepare budgets, assist with administrative details--including obtaining institutional approval--and are the final stop before applicants submit proposals to government and private agencies. Please see our Grant Submission Policies and Procedures (revised) for more details. Remember the following deadlines and compliance issues when preparing a proposal:
- Completed proposal draft, budget, and justification: 5 business days prior to the deadline
- Proposals that include required cost-sharing (voluntary cost-sharing is not allowed) must be completed at least 15 days prior to the deadline.
- Final submission and approval: 3 business days before the agency deadline
- Responsbile Conduct of Research and Conflict of Interest training must be completed and reports on file with ORSP
- Significant Financial Interest Disclosure form must be completed prior to submission
- An Export Controls Evaluation form must be completed if working outside the United States or with a foreign entity.
If you miss one of these deadlines, please call a grants officer in ORSP (Marisol Caamano, Regina Caulfield, Maryluz Diaz, Aster Williams) to discuss further options.
ORSP is also QC’s liaison with the Research Foundation of CUNY (located in Manhattan), assisting grant awardees with day-to-day paperwork and administrative tasks.
In addition, we disseminate information on grant opportunities, available support, regulations, policies, and the application process. To keep projects going between grants, we help coordinate bridge funding.
Our website includes other useful material, as well. We continue to add information that we think will be helpful in the grant application and award process. Please check out our new Alerts! page for the latest details about important policy and funding.