• No exemptions to college credit requirements.
• Students must fulfill certificate requirements in effect at the time of their admission to the program.
• Required courses must be completed satisfactorily before students can register for elective courses.
• Students who do not complete required course work or take the final exam will receive a failing grade unless a compelling reason is presented to the instructor. A student with an incomplete cannot receive a Certificate of Completion.
• Students wishing to register for Accelerated Day Program must be interviewed.
• Required textbooks are not included in tuition.
Computers literacy is an integral part of the paralegal profession. If you are not computer literate, look to the PCS Professional Development department computer classes in Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
All Paralegal Studies classes are held at:
Queens College Campus (QC), 65-30 Kissena Boulevard, Flushing, New York 11367
To apply to the Paralegal Studies Program, complete the following steps:
Step 1: Complete the Paralegal Studies Program application in Acrobat Reader and print.
Step 2: Request an official copy of your college transcript(s), indicating a minimum of 60 credits* (18 in liberal arts subjects spread over three different disciplines). Transcripts can be sent with your application or directly to Queens College at the address below.
*Proof of college-level writing proficiency, satisfied by a bachelor’s or associate of arts degree or a college-level English comprehension course, or by taking a writing proficiency exam before classes begin.
International students must have their transcripts translated and evaluated by either WES.org or AACRAO.org. Submission of TOEFL score is required for F-1 Visa applicants.
Step 3: Pay the application fee of $35 ($60 for international students) by check, money order, or credit card to Queens College/PCS. This fee is nonrefundable.
Step 4: Mail your application along with your application fee to:
Sharon Shulman, Esq.
Director, Paralegal Studies Program
Queens College Professional & Continuing Studies
Kissena Hall, Room 100
65-30 Kissena Blvd.
Queens, New York 11367
Upon receipt of your application, we will evaluate your eligibility. Registration is available to students whose application has been accepted. Accelerated Day Program students must complete an orientation/interview prior to registering for classes.
Please note: Students may take up to two courses as a non-enrolled student. These two courses cannot be in the Accelerated Day Program. If you take additional courses without enrolling, they will not count toward fulfillment of certificate requirements, even if you later apply and are accepted into the program. Students may not register for a course after the first meeting of a class.