Research Enhancement Grant Program at Queens College
The Research Enhancement Committee invites funding requests from faculty members in all academic divisions.
- Research Enhancement Funds are recovered indirect costs from other grants and therefore must be used to support or develop funded research at the college that provides significant overhead return.
- Preference will be given to requests that benefit multiple faculty members or that expand the college’s research infrastructure.
- The committee has established the following nine guidelines, in order of priority, for the use of these funds:
- Provide support for the stipends of doctoral students to junior faculty.
- Support laboratory renovations.
- Augment start-up packages for new hires.
- Provide matching funds for purchase of equipment.
- Fund release time for tenured faculty who have an active full-overhead grant.
- Provide support for post-docs or lab technicians.
- Support bridge funding to faculty who have at least six years of prior full-overhead funding.
- Provide funding for projects that enhance the possibility of obtaining grants.
- Pay page charges for pre-tenure faculty.
These awards typically range between $5,000 and $30,000. Since funds are limited, the likelihood of funding decreases with the size of the request. If the proposal can be broken into prioritized sections thereby allowing partial funding, please stipulate this as well as the source(s) of other requests for support.
All requests should use the following form, which is in Word format. It will be converted into a pdf for review.