Federal Work-Study (FWS)
Applying for Work-Study
Students who are interested in applying for Federal Work-Study (FWS) for Fall 2015-Spring 2016 can do so by completing a 2015-2016 FAFSA now and indicating an interest in work-study on Question 31.
File early; funds are limited.
Any student awarded work-study in the 2015-16 academic year and interested in working must accept the award on CUNYfirst. Log on to Cunyfirst, select HR/ Campus Solutions followed by Student Center, scroll down and click on Finances. Click "Accept/Decline Awards" under the Financial Aid line. Select Aid Year to view (2016) for Queens College, make sure you accept the award and SUBMIT.
***Only students who accept the work-study award will receive information concerning placement in August.***
Students who were awarded Federal Work-Study for the 2015-16 academic year and wish to work during the summer can apply for a community service job. Click on the Off-Campus Work-Study button below for further information.
Work-Study Job Placement for 2015-2016
The Federal Work-Study Program will start placement for students awarded academic year 2015-2016 FWS sometime in late August 2015. More details will be available in the future about dates and times. All required documentation will be collected at placement.
Placement Instructions and Dates and Times of Placement
Click on the On-Campus Work-Study button below to print the required documents. Please complete and bring them with you to placement, with proof of citizenship (see form I-9).
To accept the award, you must:
- be a matriculated student in a degree program at Queens College, and enrolled at least half-time (6 credits)
- be in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward a degree, based on guidelines for Federal Title IV aid
- not be in default of a Federal Perkins Loan or Direct Loan
- not owe a refund of a Federal Pell Grant or Federal SEOG or other federal aid
- meet other eligibility requirements (e.g., citizenship status, etc.)
WHEN YOU COME FOR PLACEMENT, YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND BRING THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WITH YOU.