Federal Work-Study (FWS)
Applying for Work-Study
Students who are interested in applying for Federal Work-Study (FWS) for Fall 2017-Spring 2018 can do so by completing a 2017-2018 FAFSA now and checking "yes" to the question: Are you interested in work study?
File early; funds are limited.
Any student awarded work-study in the 2017-18 academic year and interested in working must accept the award on CUNYfirst. Log on to CUNYfirst, select HR/Campus Solutions followed by Student Center, scroll down and click on Finances. Click "Accept/Decline Awards" under the Financial Aid line. Select Aid Year to view (2018) for Queens College, make sure you accept the award, and SUBMIT.
***Only students who accept the work-study award will receive information concerning placement in August.***
Students who were awarded Federal Work-Study for the 2017-18 academic year and wish to work during the summer can apply for a community service job. Click on the Off-Campus Work-Study button below for further information.
Work-Study Job Placement for 2017-2018
Information on 2017-2018 placement will be provided at a later date.
Click on the On-Campus Work-Study button below to print the required documents. Please complete and bring them with you to placement, with proof of citizenship (see form I-9).
To accept the award, you must:
- be a matriculated student in a degree program at Queens College, and enrolled at least half-time (6 credits)
- be in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward a degree, based on guidelines for Federal Title IV aid
- not be in default of a Federal Perkins Loan or Direct Loan
- not owe a refund of a Federal Pell Grant or Federal SEOG or other federal aid
- meet other eligibility requirements (e.g., citizenship status, etc.)
WHEN YOU COME FOR PLACEMENT, YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND BRING THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WITH YOU.