Federal Work-Study (FWS)
Applying for Work-Study
Students who are interested in applying for Federal Work-Study (FWS) for Fall 2014-Spring 2015 can do so by completing a 2014-2015 FAFSA now and indicating an interest in Work-Study on Question 31.
File early; funds are limited.
Students who were awarded Federal Work-Study for the 2014-15 academic year and wish to work during the summer can apply for a community service job. Click on the Off-Campus Work-Study button below for further information.
Work-Study Job Placement for 2014-2015
The Federal Work-Study Program will start placement for students awarded academic year 2014-2015 FWS from August 18 2014, through August 25, 2014 (excluding the weekend). Placement will take place in Powdermaker Hall, Rooms 206/208. *** All students who accepted their FWS awards will be getting checklist items concerning FWS required documents . The due date to submit these documents is during work study placement.
Placement Instructions and dates and times of placement
Click on the On-Campus Work-Study button below to print the required documents. Please complete and bring them with you to placement, with proof of citizenship (see form I-9).
To accept the award, you must:
- be a matriculated student in a degree program at Queens College, and enrolled at least half-time (6 credits)
- be in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward a degree, based on guidelines for Federal Title IV aid
- not be in default of a Federal Perkins Loan or Direct Loan
- not owe a refund of a Federal Pell Grant or Federal SEOG or other federal aid
- meet other eligibility requirements (e.g., citizenship status, etc.)
WHEN YOU COME FOR PLACEMENT, YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND BRING THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WITH YOU.