Federal Work-Study (FWS)
Applying for Work-Study
Students who are interested in applying for Federal Work-Study (FWS) for Fall 2014-Spring 2015 can do so by completing a 2014-2015 FAFSA now and indicating an interest in Work-Study on Question 31.
File early; funds are limited.
***Instructions and Placement dates for 2014-15 will be listed at a later date.***
Students who were awarded Federal Work-Study for the 2014-15 academic year and wish to work during the summer can apply for a community service job. Click on the Off-Campus Work-Study button below for further information.
Work-Study Job Placement for 2013-2014
The Federal Work-Study Program will start placement for students awarded academic year 2013-2014 FWS from August 16, 2013, through August 23, 2013 (excluding the weekend). Placement will take place in Jefferson Hall, Rm 202. You must make an appointment for placement.
Click on the On-Campus Work-Study button below to print the required documents. Please complete and bring them with you to placement, with proof of citizenship (see form I-9).
To accept the award, you must:
- be a matriculated student in a degree program at Queens College, and enrolled at least half-time (6 credits)
- be in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward a degree, based on guidelines for Federal Title IV aid
- not be in default of a Federal Perkins Loan or Direct Loan
- not owe a refund of a Federal Pell Grant or Federal SEOG or other federal aid
- meet other eligibility requirements (e.g., citizenship status, etc.)
WHEN YOU COME FOR PLACEMENT, YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND BRING THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WITH YOU.