Federal Work-Study (FWS)
Applying for Work-Study
Students who are interested in applying for Federal Work-Study (FWS) for Fall 2013-Spring 2014 can do so by completing a 2013-2014 FAFSA now and indicating an interest in Work-Study.
File early; funds are limited.
Students who were awarded Federal Work Study for the 2013-14 academic year and wish to work during the summer can apply for a community service job. Click on Off Campus Work Study below for further information
Fall 2013-Spring 2014
Students who have been awarded FWS for the 2013-2014 academic year should simply follow the instructions below (ON-CAMPUS PLACEMENT) and come to the Financial Aid Office on the scheduled placement dates in August.
Work-Study Job Placement
The Federal Work-Study Program will start placement for students awarded academic year 2013-2014 FWS from August 16, 2013, through August 23, 2014 (excluding the weekend). Placement will take place in Powdermaker Hall, Rms. 206/208. The appointment time is based on the first letter of your last name (see below).
Placement Hours - Click here for dates and times
If you cannot make your appointed time, you may make an appointment with the FWS Coordinator and come to the Financial Aid Office (JH 202) during the first few weeks of fall classes or any time throughout the semester.
Student Instructions for FWS Placement
To accept the award, you must:
- be a matriculated student in a degree program at Queens College, and enrolled at least half-time (6 credits)
- be in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward a degree, based on guidelines for Federal Title IV aid
- not be in default of a Federal Perkins Loan or Direct Loan
- not owe a refund of a Federal Pell Grant or Federal SEOG or other federal aid
- meet other eligibility requirements (e.g., citizenship status, etc.)
WHEN YOU COME FOR PLACEMENT, YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTION AND BRING THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WITH YOU.