Federal Work-Study (FWS)
Applying for Work-Study
Students who are interested in applying for Federal Work-Study (FWS) for Fall 2013-Spring 2014 can do so by completing a 2013-2014 FAFSA now and indicating an interest in Work-Study.
File early; funds are limited.
Students who were awarded Federal Work-Study for the 2013-14 academic year and wish to work during the summer can apply for a community service job. Click on the Off-Campus Work-Study button below for further information.
Work-Study Job Placement for 2013-2014
The Federal Work-Study Program will start placement for students awarded academic year 2013-2014 FWS from August 16, 2013, through August 23, 2013 (excluding the weekend). Placement will take place in Powdermaker Hall, Rms. 206/208. The appointment time is based on the first letter of your last name (see Placement Hours, below).
Placement Hours - Click here for dates and times
Click on the On-Campus Work-Study button below to print the required documents. Please complete and bring them with you to placement, with proof of citizenship (see form I-9).
To accept the award, you must:
- be a matriculated student in a degree program at Queens College, and enrolled at least half-time (6 credits)
- be in good standing and making satisfactory progress toward a degree, based on guidelines for Federal Title IV aid
- not be in default of a Federal Perkins Loan or Direct Loan
- not owe a refund of a Federal Pell Grant or Federal SEOG or other federal aid
- meet other eligibility requirements (e.g., citizenship status, etc.)
WHEN YOU COME FOR PLACEMENT, YOU MUST FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS AND BRING THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WITH YOU.