For your convenience, many of the things you need to do and learn related to your aid can be done on the web. If you choose to use the secure systems included in the list below, be sure to safeguard your access codes to them. If you use a public computer, be sure to take appropriate additional precautions (for example, clear the cache and close the browser window).
These sites are for the basics; ask us if you have any questions.
1) To apply for financial aid on the web, you need to get a Federal Financial Aid PIN, file the FAFSA on the web, and file the TAP on the web. See application filing details on our APPLY page.
2) Check Your Application Status and aid applied to your bill on the several sites we list on our STATUS page. While you won't see everything on these sites, they will help.
3) After you've applied, we tell you that you need to complete another form? We have some of the forms you might need for download on our FORMS page.
4) See our pages for Perkins Loan, Direct Loan, and Federal Work Study for specific additional requirements, websites, and forms related to each of these programs.
5) Register for Selective Service at http://www.sss.gov/. You can also make this request on the FAFSA application.
6) Check details on student loans and Pell Grants already received from all colleges at http://www.nslds.ed.gov/, using the same PIN you used to file the FAFSA.
7) Check status and balances on all Perkins Loans received at QC at http://www.ecsi.net; make payments, download deferment forms, change your address for Perkins Loan billing records. Use the PIN issued by ECSI.
8) Change the address QC has for you on CUNYfirst. THIS WILL NOT CHANGE THE ADDRESS on your financial aid file; you will have to do this with us separately.
9) If you have not already done so, please go to http://portal.cuny.edu, obtain a Portal Username and Password. Login to the Portal. On your MYPAGE you should see DegreeWorks and FACTS and eFAP.single-signon selection. If the correct college's information is not made available to you, go to your Portal Profile option on the bottom of the left side panel. Select Modify Profile. From your Primary Affiliation, select the college that you WILL be attending. Modify the Profile and go back.
9) Look for scholarships and other aid on the web, using information on our website at scholarships and other resources page.
10) Learn about New York State's 529 College Savings Program--NY Saves--at http://nysaves.uii.upromise.com/.
11) Don't forget to look at our Consumer Alerts pages for many helpful tips and links.
12) Review information on the CUNY Financial Aid web pages.