For your convenience, many of the things you need to do and learn related to your aid can be done on the web. If you choose to use the secure systems included in the list below, be sure to safeguard your access codes to them. If you use a public computer, be sure to take appropriate additional precautions (for example, clear the cache and close the browser window).
These sites are for the basics; ask us if you have any questions.
1) To apply for financial aid on the web, you need to get a Federal Financial Aid PIN, file the FAFSA on the web, and file the TAP on the web. See application filing details on our APPLY page.
2) Check Your Application Status and aid applied to your bill on the several sites we list on our STATUS page. While you won't see everything on these sites, they will help.
3) After you've applied, we tell you that you need to complete another form? We have some of the forms you might need for download on our FORMS page.
4) See our pages for Perkins Loan, Direct Loan, and Federal Work Study for specific additional requirements, websites, and forms related to each of these programs.
5) Register for Selective Service at http://www.sss.gov/. You can also make this request on the FAFSA application.
6) Check details on student loans and Pell Grants already received from all colleges at http://www.nslds.ed.gov/, using the same PIN you used to file the FAFSA.
7) Check status and balances on all Perkins Loans received at QC at http://www.ecsi.net; make payments, download deferment forms, change your address for Perkins Loan billing records. Use the PIN issued by ECSI.
8) Change the address QC has for you on CUNYfirst. THIS WILL NOT CHANGE THE ADDRESS on your financial aid file; you will have to do this with us separately.
9) If you have not already done so, please go to http://portal.cuny.edu, obtain a Portal Username and Password. Login to the Portal. On your MYPAGE you should see DegreeWorks and FACTS and eFAP.single-signon selection. If the correct college's information is not made available to you, go to your Portal Profile option on the bottom of the left side panel. Select Modify Profile. From your Primary Affiliation, select the college that you WILL be attending. Modify the Profile and go back.
9) Look for scholarships and other aid on the web, using information on our website at scholarships and other resources page.
10) Learn about New York State's 529 College Savings Program--NY Saves--at http://nysaves.uii.upromise.com/.
11) Don't forget to look at our Consumer Alerts pages for many helpful tips and links.
12) Review information on the CUNY Financial Aid web pages.
Effective Monday, April 16th, the Office of Financial Aid Services will be relocating to the Registrar's Office located on the first floor of Jefferson Hall.
Mondays - Thursdays: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fridays: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Location: flirst floor of Jefferson Hall
The Office of Financial Aid Services uses email as our official method of communication. In order to assure that you receive all communications related to your application, please make sure the e-mail address that you provided on your application is correct. Please add Queens College to your address book to avoid e-mails from email@example.com being sent to spam folders.
FAFSA College Code - 002690
TAP College Code - 1416
Our Mission Statement
- Students who need to submit additional documentation for their 2018-2019 financial aid, we will begin to accept documentation starting Monday, April 23rd.
- The Excelsior Scholarship application for 2018-2019 is available from 9:00 am, March 26, 2018 til 11:59 pm, July 23, 2018.
- The Excelsior Scholarship application for the Spring 2018 semester was December 4th, 2017. If you first received the award in the fall term of the current academic year, no additional action is needed for the spring term.
- The last day to add courses was February 2, 2018. Your registration as of February 2nd will be used to determine your maximum financial aid eligibility for the semester (grants, loans and work-study).
- February 16, 2018, was the last day to declare a major for TAP/APTS eligibility for Spring 2018.
- March 2, 2018, is the last day to apply for APTS.
- May 4, 2018, is the last day to apply for a direct loan.
- Fall 2017 - Important Dates & Deadlines
- The last day to add courses is August 31, 2017. Your registration as of August 31st will be used to determine your maximum financial aid eligibility for the semester (grants, loans, and work-study).
- September 14th was the Last day to declare a major for TAP/APTS eligibility for Fall 2017.
- September 29th, was the last day to apply for APTS.
- December 8th, was the last day to apply for a Fall only loan.
FAFSA Application Status 1-800-433-3243
FAFSA Technical Assistance
NYS TAP Processing/Status
Direct Loan Inquiries
Internal Revenue Service
TuitionPay Payment Plan