M.S. in Risk Management
Admissions Application Procedure
January 2, 2015 - Applications will be accepted for the Summer/Fall 2015
March 31, 2015 - Early Deadline. If accepted Students are permitted to register for Summer courses.
April 30, 2015 - Extended Deadline. If accepted students will be able to matriculate for the Fall semester.
To apply please visit the Queens College Office of Graduate Admissions website for an online application.
Admission is for the Fall semester only but students may defer their start date to the Spring semester. Applicants wishing to accelerate their start date may explore options with Dr. Coogan-Pushner, the Director of Risk Management program.
The following admissions requirements are relevant to all students applying to each of the three M.S. in Risk Management degrees and constitute minimum criteria. Meeting the criteria does not guarantee acceptation to the program.
1. An undergraduate Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
2. GMAT (The GMAT may be substituted by GRE, LSAT, MCAT, selected actuarial exams, CFA exam, or CPA exam.)
3. Two letters of Recommendation (Academic and/or Professional). Third letter is optional/supplemental.
4. For international students, a minimum TOEFL score is 100 (internet-based). This may be waived for students holding a degree from a US college or university with permission of the director.
5. 500 word essay describing your interest in the Program.
6. Updated resume. Relevant work experience will strengthen an applicant's prospect for admission. Please attach and upload it with your essay.
7. Interview by request (For students living outside the region, an interview will be conducted by SKYPE.)
Office of Graduate Admissions
Tuition and Fees/Bursar
Financial Aid Office (FAO)
International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO)