M.S. in Risk Management
Applications for the Fall 2014 will be accepted starting January 2, 2014.
April 1, 2014 - Early Deadline. (If accepted Students are permitted to register for Summer courses.)
May 1, 2014 - Extended Deadline. (If accepted students will not be permitted to register for Summer courses.)
As the May 1 application
deadline approached, we received many inquiries. The admissions committee is
still in the midst of reviewing those applications received by the deadline. If
you missed the deadline and still wish to apply for fall matriculation, the
committee will, at its discretion, continue to review applications after the
May 1st deadline on a space available basis. Thus, the application
window for the risk management programs has been left open at Queens College
To apply please visit the Queens College Office of Graduate Admissions website for an online application.
Admission is for the fall semester only but students may defer their start date to the Spring Semester.
The following admissions requirements are relevant to all students applying to each of the three M.S. in Risk Management degrees and constitute minimum criteria. Meeting the criteria does not guarantee acceptation to the program.
1. An undergraduate Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
2. GMAT (The GMAT may be substituted by GRE, LSAT, MCAT, selected actuarial exams, CFA exam, or CPA exam.)
3. Three letters of Recommendation. (Academic and/or Professional)
4. For international students, a minimum TOEFL score of 600 (paper-based) or 250 (computer-based) or 100 (internet-based). This may be waived for students holding a degree from a US college or university with permission of the director.
5. 500 word essay describing your interest in the Program.
6. Interview by request (For students living outside the region, an interview will be conducted by SKYPE.)
In addition, relevant work experience will strengthen an applicant's prospect for admission.
Office of Graduate Admissions
Graduate Bulletin and Course Description
Tuition and Fees/Bursar
Financial Aid Office (FAO)
International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO)