M.S. in Risk Management
Applications for the Fall 2013 will be accepted starting January 2, 2013.
March 1, 2013 - Early Deadline. (If accepted Students are permitted to register for Summer courses.)
April 1, 2013 - Extended Deadline (If accepted students will NOT be permitted to register for Summer courses; GMAT letters can be submitted after application deadline.)
All applications accepted after April 1, 2013 will not be reviewed.
To apply please visit the Queens College Office of Graduate Admissions website for an online application.
Admission is competitive and decisions are made by the faculty advisory committee. Admission will be for the fall semester only. Students must specify the area of concentration when applying to the program.
The following admissions requirements are relevant to all students applying to each of the three M.S. in Risk Management degrees and constitute minimum criteria. Meeting the criteria does not guarantee acceptation to the program.
1. An undergraduate Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
2. All students should have earned a minimum GPA of at least 3.0 in their undergraduate program in order to apply.
3. GMAT (The GMAT may be substituted by GRE, LSAT, MKAT, Actuarial exam, CFA exam, or CPA exam).
4. Three letters of Recommendation. (Academic and/or Professional)
5. For international students, a minimum TOEFL score of 600 (paper-based) or 250 (computer-based) or 100 (internet-based). This may be waived for students holding a degree from a US college or university with permission of the director.
6. 500 word essay describing your interest in the Program.
7. Interview (For students living outside the region, an interview will be conducted by SKYPE.)
In addition, relevant work experience will strengthen an applicant's prospect for admission.