QPortfolio Creative Challenge
An ePortfolio (short for electronic portfolio, also called digital portfolio) is the virtual version of a physical portfolio: a collection of documents assembled for a specific purpose.
What does ePortfolio mean to you? Express it creatively - write a song, draw an illustration, film a video, or create any artistic work - and upload it to your QPortfolio for a chance to win cool gadgets and awards!
Deadline: April 3rd, 2013 by 2:00 PM.
- Award from the Office of the Provost
- Nook Color tablet
- 1 TB external hard drive
Awards will be presented at the QPortfolio Creative Challenge on April 8, 2013.
See award winners
How to Enter
- Create your artistic work.
- Upload it to your ePortfolio, to a new, publicly-viewable page created for the contest.
Fill out the entry form.
- For Epsilen: Create a new Custom Menu Item named "QPortfolio Contest," and use the Public access key.
For help, please contact us at QPortfolio@qc.cuny.edu.
- For other ePortfolio platforms: Create a new page or section with the title "QPortfolio Contest", and ensure that a publicly-viewable URL is available.
A panel of judges (faculty and staff from the Making Transfer Connections community) will evaluate your entry based on quality, creativity, and originality.
The QPortfolio Song by Tyler Rivenbark
Rules and Guidelines
- Contest is only open to students of Queens College, City University of New York.
- One entry per individual or group (maximum group size of ten people).
- Entries produced by a group must be represented by one individual from the group. If the group produces a winning entry, each member will receive an award, but only one gadget will be given.
- Entries may consist of any form of original work (graphical, dance, song, etc.).
- Entries must be able to be digitized and/or represented digitally. Examples of acceptable formats include picture (JPEG, GIF, PNG), video (AVI, MP4, etc.), and audio (MP3, M4A, WAV) format.
- Submissions will only be judged if uploaded or embedded on a page on the entrant's ePortfolio, with a title and link clearly identifying it as a submission for the contest.
- Any ePortfolio platform (including but not limited to Epsilen, Digication, Chalk & Wire) is acceptable.