Queens College of the City University of New York, seeks an Assistant Vice President of Human Resources. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance and Administration, the Assistant Vice President of Human Resources will be responsible for leading the office of Human Resources in planning and achieving HR goals and objectives as it relates to the Colleges strategic plan and mission. Areas of responsibility include recruitment, benefits management, training and professional development, employee relations, time and leave administration, performance management, employee recognition programs, compensation and payroll processes, and policy and program compliance.
The Assistant Vice President is directly responsible for the following:
- Develop and lead the Office of Human Resources in a manner that serves as a model for professional competency teamwork, and innovation.
- Oversee the operations and administration of all human resources services functions. This includes appointments, benefits administration, on-boarding, orientation, time and leave administration, payroll processes, salary changes, promotions, reclassifications and staff development and training
- Direct the performance evaluation process for administrative staff, and consult with administrative managers and faculty who need assistance documenting performance issues
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws that affect the college; including compliance for mandatory training programs
- Plan and implement professional development and employee relations programs that help the college improve services level outcomes and increase employee engagement
- Must support the College’s goal to build human potential, deploy resources in pursuit of maximum competitive advantage, and sensibly and ethically use the College’s resources for optimal talent management.
- Serve as the Human Resources Officer for Queens College’s full and part-time faculty, non-teaching instructional staff, managerial and professional staff, and classified staff employees.
- Partner with the College’s Labor Relations Designee and the Chief Diversity Officer and confer with the President, Vice-Presidents, Deans, Directors, and Department Chairs on personnel and labor relations matters.
- Oversee the successful implementation of College policies, procedures and practices pertaining to personnel and payroll matters
- Direct the preparation of and represent the College in Civil Service staff disciplinary actions and grievances and enforce policies, rules and regulations, and contractual agreements related to classified staff
- Represent the College in matters pertaining to Human Resources on the University level and above and collaborate effectively with other CUNY-wide Human Resources officials and Confers with College and University Stakeholders to create workforce management plans addressing issues such as succession, recruitment sources, and employee career development.
- Serve as a member of the QC President’s Extended Cabinet and the President’s Council.
- Serve as a member of the VPFA’s Senior Cabinet and advise and cooperate with other members.
- Serve on various university and college committees: HEO Screening, Workplace Violence etc.
Queens College sits on 80 acres of land and is a place of contrast: an urban school in a suburban setting. It is a place where a large and diverse student body receives personalized attention. This formula has made us one of New York's premier educational institutions.
With a mission to prepare students to become leading citizens of an increasingly global society, we offer a rigorous education in the liberal arts and sciences under the guidance of a faculty dedicated to both teaching and research. Our liberal arts, science and pre-professional programs earn us high rankings in prestigious college guides such as The Princeton Review America's Best Value colleges. Our students graduate with the ability to think critically, address complex problems, explore various cultures, use modern technologies and information resources, and have won prominence in nearly every field.