5. Healthier Energy and Sport Drinks
Recently, there has been significant adverse news on the health risks of current Sports and Energy Drinks, particularly to children and young adults. Beverage veteran, Trev Warshauer, wants to develop a drink using watermelon puree which has significantly superior nutritionals to existing products.
- Prepare a table of comparative nutritional information (serving size, calories, carbs, sugar, artificial ingredients, and price per serving for Gatorade, Powerade and Monster).
- Research health benefits and nutritional information of watermelon puree.
- Get samples of drink from Trev and have faculty in Food Science and Nutritional Dept. prepare nutritional label. Also, get their viewpoint on proper serving size for children (5-10 years of age) and for teenagers.
- With samples, conduct taste test with target consumers.
- Design marketing strategy and label for package. Provide ideas for several brand names for the product. Prepare questionnaire to be used at focus group of parents (gatekeepers) on their awareness of health issues with current products and whether nutritional advantages of our product would significantly influence their purchase decision.
- Conduct focus group.
- Develop website for product.
- Work with LSA Associate David Sagal to develop cost per case of product and suggested wholesale and retail price.
- Design social media marketing program to reach gatekeepers.
- Put together sales collateral material to be used by distributors to obtain retail distribution.
- Select one team member to participate in sales call with Wegmans and key distributor.
- Make sales call on one key retail account and distributor in Queens.
- Prepare press releases to announce launch of product and press kit for media.
- Talk with Christine Dumas, anchor on cable Health and Wellness Channel to do segment.