How do I apply for a TAP/APTS waiver?
If you feel you may be eligible for a TAP/APTS waiver, you must follow these instructions:
- Obtain a TAP/APTS Waiver Application at the College Counseling and Resource Center, located on the first floor of Frese Hall. Make an appointment to meet with a professional counselor to discuss your application.
- You will be required to submit a written explanation of your circumstances with your application, as well as documentation pertaining to the circumstances for your waiver.
- After your request has been acted upon by the Committee, you will be notified of the action taken on your case by means of a letter to your home address.
What are the possible reasons for being granted a TAP/APTS waiver?
- Personal illness involving either hospitalization or extended home confinement under a physician's supervision.
- Illness in the immediate family (of origin or generation) forcing you to be absent from class for an extended period.
- Emotionally disabling conditions which force you to miss class for an extended period.
- Changing work conditions beyond your control and upon which you or your family must depend forcing you to leave classes.
- Inability to attend classes because of military duty orders, temporary incarceration, or other involvement with agencies of government (local, state or federal).
What happens if I get a TAP/APTS waiver?
If you are granted a TAP/APTS waiver, you can continue to be eligible for New York State tuition assistance for that semester only. In order to continue to be eligible in any following semester, you must again begin to meet the Academic Progress and Program Pursuit requirements as stated in the TAP Progress Chart for the payment indicated. Remember: you may be granted a waiver from the New York State academic standing requirements only once!