Navigate Up
Sign In
A-Z Index
Home > Admissions > Financial Aid
Financial Aid


Calculate your federal Pell Grant amounts for the semester by using the award schedule chart (linked below) and information from your paper or electronic Student Aid Report (SAR). If you don't have your SAR, you may access your information online and download a copy at You will need your federal PIN to view and download your SAR.

2013-2014 Pell Award Chart

Using the Chart

To use this chart, you need to know your expected family contribution (EFC) and your enrollment status. If you need information for determining your correct enrollment status, click on the enrollment status link. Your EFC can be found on your SAR.

  • Locate your EFC on your paper or electronic SAR.
  • On the Pell Grant Award Schedule, look at the left-hand column labeled "EFC" and find the range of numbers containing your particular EFC.
  • Look at the columns to the right labeled with the four different enrollment statuses. Find the column that applies to you and move across the same row as your EFC until you find the appropriate Pell Grant amount for your particular enrollment status.

Disbursement Information

If you have chosen direct deposit as your preferred method of disbursement, your Pell Grant funds will be available in your direct deposit account.

If you did not select direct deposit as your preferred method of disbursement, your fall and spring semester checks will be mailed to you.


To qualify for any federal financial aid payments, you must actually begin attending your classes. Before disbursing your Pell Grant, we will verify your enrollment status with the Registrar. If you are excessively absent from a class during the first five weeks of the semester, the Registrar may record you as having unofficially withdrawn from that class. The credits for any course from which you have withdrawn, unofficially or otherwise, are not counted in calculating your enrollment status, even though you may still be charged for these courses. If you receive a completion grade in any course not included for payment in your Pell Grant check, you may request an award recalculation at the end of the semester.

Withdrawals and Overpayments

Federal regulations specify that you must attend at least 60 percent of the semester before you become eligible for 100 percent of your federal student aid awards for that term. If you withdraw from all your classes before you have completed at least 60 percent of the semester, the college must determine what portion of your federal awards you are entitled to receive according to an attendance formula prescribed in federal regulations. If you have received, or the college has received on your behalf, more federal student aid funds than the formula allows, you will have to repay any award amount to which you were not entitled. If you fail to repay any award amount to which you were not entitled, you risk losing your eligibility for future federal aid payments.

Satisfactory Progress

In accordance with federal guidelines and university policy, you must be making satisfactory progress in your program of study in order to remain eligible for federal award programs. You will be measured for satisfactory progress once each year after the spring term and notified by mail if you are found not to be meeting the satisfactory progress standard.

Summer Pell Grant Eligibility

Detailed information on summer aid eligibility for all types of aid including the Pell Grant is available on our Summer Aid page.

Pell Grant Book Advance

Since federal Pell Grant awards are paid just before midterm in the fall and spring semesters, the Office of Financial Aid schedules an advance Pell payment for eligible students at the beginning of those semesters. These payments are designed to give you a portion of your award early to help you purchase books and supplies. The Office of Financial Aid schedules a date at the beginning of each term for the distribution of Pell advances. As much as $624 may be issued in advance, but the amount depends on the available Pell Grant funds remaining after your tuition and fees are paid.


 Office Information

Phone: 718-997-5102
Fax: 718-997-5122 

Assistance with the aid process is available in the One Stop Service Center in the Dining Hall. For more on the One Stop, visit

College Codes
FAFSA College Code - 002690
TAP College Code - 1416

ECSI College Code - F5

  • NEWS
    Important Information about CUNYfirst - The University has planned a system outage due to implementation and maintenance.  During the following dates all users will not have access to the system...
    5pm on Wednesday March 25th to 8am on Monday March 30th, 2015


  • URGENT - The Spring 2015 semester starts on January 28th.  The ADD period is over February 3rd.  Your registration as of February 3rd will be used to determine your maximum financial aid eligibility for the semester.  Class additions made to your schedule after February 3rd WILL NOT increase your financial aid eligibility (grants, loans, work).


  • Spring 2015- Important Dates & Deadlines 
    February 17th is theLast day to declare a major for TAP/APTS eligibility Spring 2015

  • April 30th is the last day to apply for academic year 2014-15 Direct Loan
  • *NEW* - Preview our new Financial Aid TV videos HERE for detailed information about Federal and NY State aid.  While we work to integrate these into our site, please see the rest of our site for Queens College specific deadlines, forms and processes. Download or update the QC Mobil app for a simpler Financial Aid TV mobil experience.



 Applying for Financial Aid


 Useful Telephone Numbers


FAFSA Application Status 1-800-433-3243

FAFSA Technical Assistance 1-800-433-3243
NYS TAP Processing/Status 1-888-697-4372
Direct Loan Inquiries 1-800-848-0979
Selective Service 1-847-688-6888
Internal Revenue Service 1-800-829-1040
TuitionPay Payment Plan 1-800-635-0120


Queens College, CUNY| 65-30 Kissena Blvd.| Queens, NY 11367-1597| Phone: (718) 997-5000 Copyright © 2004-
Queens College is CUNY