Sign In
A-Z Index
Home > Admissions > Financial Aid > Introduction > Permit and Visiting Students
Permit and Visiting Students

Visiting Students to Queens College

For students visiting from another institution, financial aid is available only through the home school. Contact the Financial Aid Office at your home school for information about what is available.

Students on Permit from Queens College to Another School

Planning to attend another college on permit? Discuss this with a financial aid counselor at Queens College as soon as possible to determine what aid might be available for you for this coursework, and what you need to do to receive that aid.

Follow Registrar's Office instructions about filing an official permit/epermit for the courses you are planning to take at the other school, in accordance with the Registrar's Office deadlines and instructions. Be sure to identify yourself to the admissions office at the other school as a visiting/permit student.

Study Abroad

Financial aid students considering Study Abroad programs should discuss their plans with a financial aid counselor. Bring details about the specific program under consideration.

Additional Documentation

Be sure to discuss your plans with your financial aid counselor early. Our students going away to study at other schools—on permit or on study abroad—will need to provide additional documents of actual enrollment, continued attendance, and completion of approved courses taken at the other school.

Direct Deposit

For students who will be away, it is especially important to consider signing up with the Bursar's Office for Direct Deposit of financial aid payments.

Note: Students in a PhD program at the CUNY Graduate Center should file for aid through the Graduate Center. Students at CUNY Law School at Queens College should file for aid through the Law School.


 Office Information

Phone: 718-997-5102
Fax: 718-997-5122 

Assistance with the aid process is available in the One Stop Service Center in the Dining Hall. For more on the One Stop, visit

College Codes
FAFSA College Code - 002690
TAP College Code - 1416

ECSI College Code - F5

  • NEWS
  • Fall 2​015-​ Important Dates & Deadlines ​
  • URGENT - Th​e last day to add courses is September 2nd. Your registration as of September 2nd will be used to determine your maximum financial aid eligibility for the semester (grants, l​o​ans, and workstudy).
  • September 16th​ is the Last day to declare a major for TAP/APTS eligibility Fall 2015
  • Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS) Deadline is October 1st 2015

  • *NEW* - Preview our new Financial Aid TV videos HERE for detailed information about Federal and NY State aid.  While we work to integrate these into our site, please see the rest of our site for Queens College specific deadlines, forms and processes. Download or update the QC Mobil app for a simpler Financial Aid TV mobil experience.
​​​​​​​ ​

 Applying for Financial Aid


 Useful Telephone Numbers


FAFSA Application Status 1-800-433-3243

FAFSA Technical Assistance 1-800-433-3243
NYS TAP Processing/Status 1-888-697-4372
Direct Loan Inquiries 1-800-848-0979
Selective Service 1-847-688-6888
Internal Revenue Service 1-800-829-1040
TuitionPay Payment Plan 1-800-635-0120


Queens College, CUNY| 65-30 Kissena Blvd.| Queens, NY 11367-1597| Phone: (718) 997-5000 Copyright © 2004-
Queens College is CUNY