Minimum requirements to apply for Transfer Honors Program scholarships are:
- GPA of 3.5 or higher and 50+ credit hours towards an AA, AS or BA degree for $1,000/per semester
- GPA of 3.7 or higher and 60+ credit hours towards an AA, AS or BA degree for scholarships ranging from half-tuition to full-tuition (NY in-state tuition)
- A supplemental application including an essay and a writing sample
- At least one teacher recommendation
- Completion of freshman and sophomore level prerequisites in the intended major (2-4 courses as appropriate)
- Coursework in all of the following areas: composition, humanities, social sciences, math, laboratory and physical sciences
- Students already enrolled at Queens College are not eligible to apply
The Transfer Honors Program is now accepting applications for Spring 2019. The priority deadline is November 15, 2018. After the deadline, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until all spaces are filled.
The selection process for scholarships at Queens College is very competitive, and they are awarded on the basis of academics, motivation and presentation.
Begin the application process for scholarships using this form. (Download using Google Chrome for best results.)
Transfer Credit Evaluation
Admitted students may access their Transfer Credit Evaluation on CUNYfirst
If you are transferring from a college outside of CUNY, you must provide an official transcript from each institution for your transfer credit evaluation. Once you complete your current courses, a final official transcript must be submitted to the Welcome Center, located in the Jefferson Hall Lobby.
Transfer of credit will be considered for courses completed with a minimum grade of C– at an accredited, degree-granting U.S. or international institution (or any passing grade from a CUNY college).
If a course was taken on a pass/fail basis at another institution, the official transcript must state that the pass grade equals a C- or better for transfer credit to be considered.
Transfer credits evaluated as “499” courses are generally considered electives and may not be counted toward major or minor requirements without department approval.
Please note: students must complete at least 45 credits at Queens College in order to receive a degree.